11

it's been a month since noen has confessed his feelings to delilah. delilah didn't know what to say, but she didn't confess back. she was afraid, she felt guilty since she was seeing jaden. when delilah came back to the group, she told them it was nothing and not to worry about it. so they went back to their lives. they only had a week left of school until their high school career was over. at least delilah, jaden, and chase.

delilah couldn't wait to graduated high school with a boyfriend and new friends. but she couldn't believe that she hasn't met these people before everything happened. she would've completely gotten over noen and been with jaden, it's like a dream come true. only that her dream was to be with noen, but she believed that jaden treats her better than noen ever has.

delilah and jaden spend time with each other as much as they can, every day, every night. every day, when the two came to school, hand in hand, everyone were always shocked. how did someone like delilah mari-gold get with someone like jaden hossler? delilah wondered that herself, and it still surprises her every time. of course, there were girls who were jealous of them, but delilah learned to deal with it.

*

it was lunch, delilah was sitting next to jaden, with his arm around her shoulder. everyone was talking about graduation, parties, and such we delilah just listened. in the distance, she heard yelling and arguing, mostly from a girl. the girl's voice sounded familiar, so delilah looked around then saw addy and noen arguing at a table in the back.

"you never pay attention to me! you're always staring at delilah, talking about delilah! everything's about delilah! what about me, noen?" addy shouted at noen, as he just stared away from her, just listening to her complain. delilah stared at him, until he caught her staring, making her look away. her heart started to beat fast, and her palms were sweating.

"i have to go to the bathroom, i'll be right back," delilah stated, getting out of her seat and leaving the table. noen saw her leave towards the bathroom, so he followed her, making addy confused and more angry.

"delilah! delilah!" noen called out to her. delilah froze, breathing deeply. noen touched her shoulder, so she turned around, staring at the almost completely faded purple haired boy. "are you okay?"

"yes, noen, i'm fine," delilah lied, slapping his hand away from her shoulder. noen sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"it's just- you don't seem yourself anymore. every since you've been dating jaden-"

"don't do that. don't bring jaden into this," she interrupted, shaking her head in anger.

"i'm just trying to help, lilah," he replied. delilah paused before he spoke again.

"i don't need help. now, if you excuse me," delilah conclused, leaving the conversation, walking into the girls restroom. she stared at herself in the mirror, taking deep breaths. then the door opened, delilah immediately turns around to see cynthia with a frown on her face.

"good, you're still here," cynthia began. delilah knew she was going to tell her something serious. maybe something with her and chase, delilah thought.

"did something happen?" delilah asked, starting to get concerned.

"it's about jaden." delilah then got even more concerned. "i'm sorry i didn't tell you this before. nobody else knows expect me and drayke austin, i heard jaden and him talking before prom."

"just tell me already, you're making me nervous," delilah blurted, as cynthia looked away for a second, before speaking again.

"he asked addy rae, your ex-best friend, to prom, because he's liked her since junior year. but she said no, so he thought if he'd start to date you then maybe him and addy would get closer," cynthia explained. delilah's eyes started to quickly fill with tears. "but of course, that didn't happen. he's planning on breaking up with you today. i wanted to tell you, but you were so happy."

"no, no. i get it. it's not your fault." cynthia saw a tear fall from her eye, so she quickly wrapped her arms around her, hugging her close.

"i'm so sorry, lilah. i know how much you liked him," cynthia pleaded, then letting go of delilah to look at her. "but i know someone way better than jaden. someone i know will be good for you, and i've always thought he was good for you."

delilah sniffed, "who?"

cynthia smiled, "noen."

*

cynthia and delilah stomped bathroom, delilah's eyes were dry and they went right to jaden.

"remember, don't tell him what you know. just tell him he's an asshole and then we'll leave, okay?" cynthia reminded, gripping onto delilah's shoulder. then you can talk to noen."

delilah nodded, as they saw the table with jaden and the boys laughing and talking. delilah stood right behind jaden, making him turn around and see her angry look on her face.

"what's wrong?" jaden asked, trying to grab her hand. she slapped it away, then slapped his right cheek. everyone gasped, as cynthia smiled greatly.

"we're over. go to hell," delilah chided, then cynthia and her left the scene. as they walked away, they laughed and high fived each other.

*

i know this chapter is short, but it's eventful. AND noen and delilah action will be coming in the next chapter.

also the end is coming