Searching

He was shaking violently now, his breaths letting out thin wisps of smoke. His toes and fingers were losing feeling, the thin shirt on his back doing little to protect him from the blistering cold around him. Antonio didn't have much memory of what happened next but whatever had happened, he was grateful that it had, otherwise he might have been dead by now.

When had things gotten so bad -?
---

"Eat something...Please?"

"I'm not hungry, just give me some time alone please".

"Romano you've been alone up here for almost a week! You need to get over this and move on-"

"Get out of my fucking room".

"Wait no I didn't mean it like that-"

"GET OUT OF MY FUCKING ROOM ELIZA".

There was a loud slam and more shouts. That's really all anyone could hear from the dining room before everything went deathly quiet throughout the house. The guests Feliciano had invited over in hopes of bringing Lovino out of his room were all suddenly interested in the dining room wall or the tablecloth. Nobody dared to say a word when Eliza returned to the table, poking and prodding at her meal with glossy eyes. Gilbert tried to lighten the mood with jokes and most likely made up memories. His attempts were in vain however and the atmosphere in the house remained tense and uncomfortable.

Eventually though Lovino came out of his bedroom, obviously not to socialise but rather to get his coat and car keys before leaving. Not a word was said to him and he was glad for that, he was a mess of uncut hair and puffy eyes. By the looks of it he hadn't bothered to comb his hair or slept in what looked like days. He slammed the door behind him, quickening his pace when he heard the footsteps of somebody behind him, climbing into the drivers seat amd trying to lock the door as quick as humanely possible.  Much to his dismay it wasnt fast enough before somebody jerked open the passenger side door and slid into the seat next to him. The figures long brown hair tied back into a hurried ponytail, her green eyes sparkling with determination.

"I'm coming with you, and before you say no I'd like to bring up that-"

"Kay".

"Stop trying to sto- what?"

"Just don't get in my way and be of some use" Lovino huffed, tossing a neatly packaged stack of papers her way, each of them reading "Have You Seen Me?" followed by a picture and a phone number underneath.  They drove through the city to the next town over to start handing out fliers in case he had caught a ride there by some means. In the end they had agreed to split up and take opposite sides of the town square and meet up back at the car in a few hours.

Everything was going smoothly...until about an hour in at least when a familiar face caught Lovino's eye.