Chapter 11. 🙁

5 Year's Later...

"Zay, come here and eat your breakfast," Crystal says as soon as she sees Zayon leaving the house.

"Mom you know I don't eat breakfast anymore then why do you insist me every day?" Saying so he starts going out but stops on hearing his dads voice, "stop disobeying your mom, you are hurting her feelings. Enough of this lamenting. You alone aren't responsible for what happened. Why don't you forget everything and start living normally like before, it has been years, five fuc**** years."

"WTH is wrong with you all? Why don't you just leave me for me? It's my fuc**** life, my fuc**** mess and I'll do the fuc* I want with it." Zayon storms out angrily but not before hearing his dad's anger filled voice, "don't you dare raise your voice in front of me next time."

"It's ok Kayon calm down." Crystal goes near him and holds his hand. "No, nothing is alright. He's just destroying himself with his own actions. He doesn't eat properly, he drinks recklessly, he drives recklessly, he's on the way of killing himself slowly." Crystal hugs him and moves her fingers in his hair, all the while weeping silently.

***

It's been five years since Angela left. Zayon couldn't forget her nor could he forgive himself. He regrets not talking with her about that incidence. He tried to search for her but he couldn't find her. It's as if she has disappeared from the face of the earth. Angela left a note behind before leaving and in that she mentioned that they shouldn't search for her. At that time everybody was shocked as none knew the reason for her sudden disappearance. A few days later when Zayon told them about the beach hut incidence, everyone was shocked. His aunt Alicia stopped talking with him as she blames him for everything. Others understood him but were upset that why he didn't tell this earlier.

He somehow managed to complete his MBA and now he's handling his dad's business. He isn't the CEO yet but he's doing his best to increase Pride Empire to new heights by dedicating all his time to work.

He didn't date a single girl in these five years. He turned himself to a living machine. There isn't anyone with whom he can share his feelings. Of course, he has a family but there's a difference between family and friends. In these five years, he not only lost his love but also two of his best friends. Yeah, he lost Drayton too.

When Angela left and Zayon confessed the truth, everyone scolded him except Drayton, who stood by his side. Zayon broke down in front of him and he consoled him. After that whenever Zayon felt lonely or depressed he used to call Drayton who would come immediately to help his friend. When Zayon realised his love for Angela he did everything possible to search for Angela with the help of Drayton. But they didn't succeed.

During his frequent visits, Drayton and Shelby developed a sudden interest in each other. Day-by-day they began to get closer in terms of love. One day when they were about to kiss Kayon caught them red-handed in Shelby's room. Both of them confessed their feelings for each other but Kayon refused to accept their relationship.

Kayon thought that it's only a teenage attraction that Shel considers as love. When they were still adamant he told Drayton that he can never provide a life of comfort which Shel is used to living and she can never share his burden. Here Kayon meant Drayton's problematic life as a burden but Drayton thought that Kayon called his dad as a burden and so he left from there.

Zayon tried to make his dad understand but he himself got heartbroken when Kayon told him, "when you can't even handle your own shit don't try to interfere in others. Because of you one of my daughters has left us and listening to you I don't want to spoil another daughters life." Zayon's wounds became fresh. He too left from there and drank recklessly that night until he passed out.

Even Drayton drank senselessly that night. His father felt heartbroken seeing his son's state. He knew that his son is in pain. Drayton tells him everything in his drunken state which hurt his father deeply. Later on, Drayton cried himself to sleep in front of his dad that night while his dad suffered from a heart attack. In the morning when  Drayton woke up his dad was already dead.

Zayon wanted to apologise but he thought to wait for a few days after the funeral as Drayton was already going through a lot. But life didn't give him a chance to do so because the next day after his dads funeral Drayton left without informing anyone and till now Zayon is searching for him but couldn't find him. He's somehow glad that he didn't found him as he doesn't have guts to face him.

On the other hand, Shelby has closed herself in her own shell. She's no more like her old self which was full of excitement, now she has become a silent person and mostly lives in isolation.

Ednil has also changed. He doesn't joke around, he doesn't talk much. They stopped having their usual family get-togethers. Pride and Smith's, hardly ever meet now. It's as if a storm has devasted their life, changing it forever.

***

"Zayon you will go to London to finalise this deal." Kayon orders his son.

"But dad I don't want to go. You can surely handle this dad." Zayon protested.

"Listen, son, your mom is not feeling well and I don't want to leave her in this condition. She is stressed out because of us and I don't care about anything else when it comes to her. I hope you understand." Kayon lowers his voice.

"Fine dad, I'll go. Take care of mom." Zayon replies.

"That's like my boy. After the deal, you can spend a few days there. Enjoy a bit son. Life doesn't end with a single heartbreak. Don't make your love as your weakness, instead, make it as your strength to move forward in life." Kayon pats Zayon's shoulder and Zayon nods his head in agreement while his heart knows that his life has already ended five years ago...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry for the late update. My college has started and I'm more than busy, handling everything...