Festival

Marcel

After Leo left, Marcel sat in his room in the middle of the floor. He may have seemed collected but the events that occurred that day were pretty overwhelming. The attention he got was not what he was used to. Good thing he had Mandy with him or else he probably would not have lived through today.

He still wondered if it actually bothered him. If it was actually fear of the attention he’s been receiving by girls whom he never thought would ever look his way. Or was it the way Mandy looked at him? All tees thoughts overwhelmed him. He didn’t want to think of them anymore. Now all he had to do was face tomorrow like a brave soldier. He sighed, sitting back up to clear his mind.

He checks his watch that is always placed on his right wrist to find that it was getting late. He had to get ready for bed by now. It felt like all the energy was sucked out of him as he tried to get on his feet. He was one of those that took occasional baths in place of showers and tonight he felt like he needed one. He took in his iPod along with the speakers attached and placed them on the sink. The song settled into an upbeat pop song. The water running, filling the tub, had already made an effect on him. He may seem like he’s on time for everything but the moment made everything slow down. He needed to clear his head and the faint scent of the bubbles coating the water filled his mind. The beat of the song mixed well with the scent in his mind, making his tense muscles relax.

A loud knock disturbs his serene state.

“Hey can you turn it down in there?” Dylan’s muffled voice carries through his room all the way into the bathroom.

Thankfully Marcel had his control at arm’s reach and lowered the volume on his speakers.

“Thank you.” His brother says before walking away from his door.

Marcel exhales deeply as he sinks lower into the water until the cool liquid lapped right under his chin. He closes his eyes for about ten more minutes before cleaning himself off and walking out of his bathroom smelling sweet and feeling refreshed. He left his iPod on in the bathroom so it echoed throughout the walls and carried softly into his room while he finished his homework that now looked so simple to do.

The night hit 9:30, just in time for him to get into bed. He placed his glasses on his nightstand after setting his alarm clock extra early just in case today’s events decide to creep on him again.

Morning hit and his alarm clock buzzed through his bedroom. Groaning, he shut it off before it could wake up the whole neighborhood.

“Hey you’re up early.”

He looks at Dylan’s disheveled sandy hair and sloppy smile. “Yeah thank goodness.”

Dylan chuckles and disappears downstairs.

He coerced his body out of bed and changed into his usual clothes. His phone vibrates against the nightstand before he reaches it he trips over his own foot trying to reach his phone.