Baited into Action

Kon'nichiwa mina! OpalHippocampus799 here with chapter 6. As much as everyone's in a forest right now, Neito's words match the Class 1-A/Class 1-B conflict that he's so good at inciting. On the first day of summer camp, Neito has been forced to team up with his classmates against the infamous Class 1-A, but they aren't having much luck in finding them. Will they be able to get back before the day runs out, let alone defeat the villains?

Neito Monoma's P.O.V.

     Kamikiri was simmering over. His blades extended, "Why don't we just find some stupid villains and be done with this?

     "You clearly weren't listening to a word Manga-san has said. We fail the test if we just pick some random set of villains. Besides that would be unfair to whoever is trying to catch them."

     "And when have you ever cared about anyone else in Class 1-B, Mono?"

     I glared at him, but Fukidashi-san spoke up, "It's common courtesy, Togaru-san. Even Neito-san isn't that far gone."

     "Could've fooled me," I heard Kamikiri's mutter which set my insides boiling.

     Fukidashi-san huffed, "The point is that we can't run after just anyone, and our targets could be anywhere in the forest, especially with two speedsters. We'll just have to wait this out."

     Kamikiri was scratching one of his blades to his mohawk, "Didn't one from the other set of villains mention something about having to destroy stuff?"

     I nodded after realizing he was right, "That's right. Something about how it was what Mandalay-sensei told them to do."

     I could see Fukudashi's speech bubble bursting with excitement, "They will come to us. If they are proper villains, they'll have to try to antagonize us before—"

     A rush of wind passed by me. Once the dust settled, I saw two thin metal sticks in Fukidashi-san's shoulder. I saw Kamikiri spin around in my peripheral vision while I tended to Fukidashi-san who was grimacing against the pain. Of course, I didn't really know how to help or what would help him, so instead I tried to make sure that nothing else hit him while feeling utterly useless.

     "There," I heard Kamikiri's voice.

     A short distance off stood a boy with unruly green hair and a thin line across his lips. I hardly recognized from last night. His entire demeanor had changed. I noted another two metal sticks rested between his fingers before looking back at his face. His eyes were cold and determined, in some ways menacing. His expression was one which knew it way around a battlefield. He smirked at us and before we knew it, the next two metal splinters were thrown at us. I watched them flying at Kamikiri. I gasped unable to process the possibility of what was happening, unable to fathom the chance that I might be the only one left uninjured to face this Midoriya kid.

     Kamikiri held his arms in an X against the attack. The projectiles clattered to the forest floor. Moments later Kamikiri breathed, "He's gone."

     I looked to confirm and sure enough he was gone. How? It took a moment for me to remember that this new kid did have a speed quirk.

    "Are you alrightFukidashi-san?" I heard Kamikiri's concerned voice

     Fukidashi-san gripped the metal splinters tightly before yanking them out, "OW!"

     Before I could react, Kamikiri cut a strip of cloth from his uniform and began wrapping it around Fukidashi's shoulder.