A Fight to the Death

Kon'nichiwa mina! "Face-off Between Friends Part II" or as it is titled here, "A Fight to the Death," is now here. Hopefully, things will finish up as the drama ensues. Denki has finally completed the Attack Circuit and he's actually alive and he is still standing after his last fight. Will wonders never cease? However, he and Tetsutetsu has been sitting on the forest floor a bit to long for his liking when the unthinkable occurs to Denki. What if? What if--no, it couldn't be true....

Denki Kaminari's P.O.V.

     I didn't even want to consider that thought. I had wanted to believe that Izuku had a fighting chance against Bakugo, but was it possible that he had more than a fighting chance? that he could just possibly win? That would explain why the Class 1-B sensei hadn't shown up to get Monoma for a while, probably only because my next opponent was ready.

     Still. Could their fight have lasted that long? Surely, Monoma was in the middle of the fight with Bakugo right now, and Bakugo was just finishing him up. I looked at Tetsutestu uncertainly before coming to a decision. I needed to find out. I didn't want Izuku or Monoma to have suffered too much at my friend's hands, not that they really would have been treated kindly since A) Monoma made of fun of Class 1-A as a hobby which wouldn't do him any favours in receiving a painless death and B) apparently, Bakugo hated Izuku with a firey passion for some reason and would go to great lengths to beat the snot out of him. I shivered.

     Looking at Tetsutetsu then to my right where Bakugo's clearing was, I hoisted Tetsutetsu up and walked out of the clearing. As I neared his clearing, I could increasingly hear the ringing explosions. Even just outside of my battlefield, I could hear them. It was surprising how much more I could hear when I wasn't worrying about fighting or losing my own battles. The explosions were faint at first and became louder the heavier Tetsutetsu seemed to feel as I carried him. Working through the branches and trying not to trip over roots did not make things easier, but at long last, we entered the clearing just as another blast echoed across the forest.

     My body slacked when I saw Izuku literally fly across the clearing into the forest; then I heard him crashing through branches as something thudded next to me. I looked to the side for a moment realizing that I had dropped Tetsutetsu before snapping my head back to the fight as I heard the impact of something against tree trunk. I held my breath.

     Seconds later he phased into the clearing like I had seen him do so many times in the evasion test three days ago. I could just tell the blur of his form as he cleared the forest's edge. As when he fought me today, he did not run into the fight, but in this case, I had a sense that this was because he was trying to catch his breath as he planned his next move. I could see his chest lightly rise and fall as he stood there. In a moment, he was running towards Bakugo. It wasn't his normal disappearing quirk, but quite fast nonetheless. Upon contact, he swung his leg at Bakugo's feet before vanishing and reappearing, his fist flying to strike at Bakugo. It came to naught as Bakugo emitted another eruption. Within seconds, Izuku had again sped to a different vantage point for another strike. Sometimes, he struck his mark; at others, he missed. Oftentimes, this happened more because Bakugo set off an explosion in his face, which he was left to dodge or be out of commission, rather than a defensive move on Bakugo's part. As the two separated again, the smoke and combustion began to settle. I was surprised that the two could function let alone continue fighting at full force in such conditions.

     It was surprising that Izuku never seemed to get struck by one of Bakugo's detonations if rarely. They obstructed his fighting, but Bakugo's fire power seemed to miss the mark all too often based on his skill set shown in class. He did hit sometimes, but not as often as I was used to seeing. If an explosion did hit its mark, Izuku would be sent flying. Sometimes he would halt his flight rolling on the ground to his feet; other times he would fly through the trees before appearing in the clearing again looking ready to fight.