coffee; jb

you held the warm cup in your hands, carefully making your way in the crowded cafe towards a boy who was sitting alone at the corner of the room.

"here is your coffee sir-"

undesirable coincidences often occured to you.

your foot jammed against the leg of the bench as the coffee in the cup went flying towards the boy sitting in front of you

you watched in slow-motion as the coffee slowly seeped into the boy's shirt, soaking the top part of his shirt a dark brown.

you covered your mouth, muttering, "i'm so so sorry, omg-"

grabbing a cloth from the counter, you wiped at his shirt lamely, knowing that coffee stains couldn't be cleaned off that easily.

you freezed when a hand tugged at your wrist.

looking up, you realised that the boy was smiling gently down at you,

"its okay."

"ah-" you moved away from him sheepishly.

"but i should repay you- i dirtied your shirt-" you started, glancing nervously down at the brown stain.

"it's not an issue, really." he reassured as he stood up and left the cafe abruptly.

he was probably trying so hard to control his anger, that's why he suddenly exited.

you sighed to yourself, knowing that if your manager was told about this incident, you would get fired immediately.

2nd day

you knew the boy would never come back to the cafe, but you insisted on getting him a new shirt to replace the one you had accidentally ruined.

you pushed the paper bag below the counter as you got ready to serve the next costumer.

your eyes widened as you stared at the boy in front of you.

conincidentally, it happened to be the same boy from yesterday.

"one large americano please." the boy requested politely.

"o-okay." you mumbled as you passed down the order to the baristas.

"wait- this is for you." you called out, shoving the paper bag into his hands.

the boy looked into the bag in puzzlement before piecing everything together.

"oh, you didn't need to. its really not a big deal." he smiled, pushing the bag towards you.

"ah- no, no. besides, you should just take it since i already bought it. plus even if i take it back, i can't wear it." you insisted.

the boy thought for a while before taking the bag, nodding silently, "thank you then."

you felt as if a huge weight was taken off your shoulders as you sighed in relief.

you got back to work almost immediately, serving others customers as cheerfully as you could.

"excuse me?"

you snapped your head up, coming face-to-face with that boy you spilled coffee on.

"yes?" you replied, turning your attention to him.

"could i- um- what's your name?" he asked, but seeing the scared yet confused look on your face, he continued, "no, i'm not going to report you or anything, i just want to know your name."

"ah i see, i'm (y/n)." you bowed your head slightly.

"jaebeom." he grinned.

you felt your cheeks heat up at his cute yet attractive smile.

third day

"welcome." you greeted without looking up when you heard the ring of the bell.

"hey (y/n)." a familiar voice greeted nonchalantly.

"jaebeom.." you mumbled, as your eyes averted away from your phone towards the boy. 

"is that-" you pointed at his shirt, your hand shaking slightly.

"yea, its the shirt you got for me. its pretty nice, how did you even know my size though?" he commented.

"i- i just guessed." you replied shyly, hiding behind your thick curtain of hair.

"good guess then," he chuckled,

"let's be friends."

you nodded hesitantly, with your heart beating a thousand times per second.