Chapter 8: Revelations

It was bright, way too bright for my liking. I felt alive, yet half unconscious. Taking a quick glance around, everything was purely white causing my eyes to burn a little from the brightness that lingered in my vision for some time. I adjusted my eyesight, gazing down upon the flesh of my hands with confusion. What happened anyways? I would or could never know, somehow, I feel like something is off and my reluctance was growing on me.

But what felt heavy was the wings on my back.

Wait, wings?

Stretching them out, I was hypnotised by the beautiful soft white feathers. How did it get on my back anyways? Wait, that does sounds odd when I thought about it, but I do wonder how it is possible to.. spurt my wings.

Seeing there was nothing but emptiness around, I drifted into consciousness.

~

Once I did, I woke up to an unfamiliar bedroom. There was nothing but silence in the spacious cozy room I was in. Making an effort to get up, I pushed off the covers a bit quickly seeing I was still in my clothes and sighed in relief. I checked out the large closet, seeing a bunch of feminine clothes and shoes, surprisingly. Various colours and fabrics lined up quite well and neatly from the shades of white to black, hung from the railing that was built in with the closet. It was beautifully decorated, as well, whoever had designed this room and this closet was sure talented to make it rather a modern touch. My fingers lightly traced the clothes, head tilted slightly in wonder as I could feel the rich material of a dress that felt cool to the touch.

Suddenly, I thought about my dream.. Or was it truly a dream? Somehow, it just felt so surreal, yet so.. unexplainable and somehow as well, I could feel the weight of the wings linger on my back as if it were a part of me.

My thought swam in confusion when I closed the wooden closet door and walked out from the room, trying to find my way out of there, "Um.. hello? Anyone in here?"

Silence. Silence echoing throughout the hallways and space, making me feel more alone in the large mansion and rather anxious. What if something or someone—

"Maeve?" Lucifer asked a little loudly from the living quarters, interrupting my doubtful thoughts quickly.

Following my instinct, I lead myself towards the voice finding Lucifer there with a glass of whiskey in hand, reading some book with his other hand. He glanced up from his book and smiled slightly. The smile that made my insides squirm under his stare, yet felt so.. warm by the sight of his devilish smile.

How could someone possibly be this handsome? He looked delicate in a custom made suit, only a silver ring placed on his middle finger, a letter M was carved in a beautiful manner. His hair was ever so neatly combed and gel to the back of his head, not a single strand was out of place.

"It's time to know the truth, I supposed."

"What truth?" I asked, being in a state of confusion and anxious still as my eyes lingered on the other.

"The dream of yours, of course. I could explain that, if you don't mind sitting with me," He pointed to a luxurious couch across from him as a coffee table were in the middle of the seats.

I took a seat, crossing my legs after, my blue eyes fixed on his tall figure. I studied him closely, my upper teeth biting down upon my bottom lip in curiosity.

Jet black hair waxed in gel backwards making it a clean slick look, light dark stubble covering the bottom of his face and his dark amber eyes that held a very dark and deep secret he does not wish to tell. Those dark eyes contained something so sinister, yet so delicate.

And his suit, a dark red velvet material stitched together as it hugged his frame rather perfectly. I would not know how he managed to buy something so.. fancy, after all. Wealth, obviously.

"What of my dreams?" I asked, leaning a little closer, my curiosity peaking again once more as I stared at the man before me.

"You're an angel, Maeve. Literally an angel."

"How do I know you're not lying?" I asked, denying it completely, as it was not possible for a naive girl to believe.

"I told you, your dream means something," He only shrugged, leaning back in his seat as he took a sip of his whiskey. Isn't it morning at the moment? Why is he already drinking whiskey?

"How do you know I even had a dream, Mr. Morningstar?"

"Oh please, stop calling me that. That makes me feel old now, so please, call me Lucifer."

"Alright, Lucifer, tell me how do you about my dreams? And these shadows lurking around?"

"It's a destiny, Maeve. It has been shown to you. You, are special," He glanced at me again, making my heart skipped a beat and a finger pointed to my figure with an eyebrow raised.

"Being an angel?" I shake my head in disbelief, "And what of my parents?"

"That, you should ask your mother, I know nothing of it."

"In that case, it's my cue to leave," I plastered a fake smile and got out of the living quarters, finding the two main large doors.

"Hope to see you soon, angel."

I turned my head to him and smiled softly again, "We shall meet again, Mr. Morn- Lucifer." There was something strange about this whole situation, indeed.