Chapter 22: Deathbringer Raven

I sat still and silently in the dark, keeping me temporarily blind. Once again, there was only silence that deafened my ears pushing me into the edge of delirium. That was what Theodore wanted.. to make me suffer and to play his wicked mind game.

A faint caw was heard, echoing in the eternal darkness repeatedly. It caws again and again as it flew around so high but can't imagine where it was as it was distinctively silent.

"Hello? Where are you bird?" I called out loudly.

The bird caws again before slamming into my face out of nowhere making me fall back into the cold ground, screeching louder. I yelped as its sharp claws scratched on my face. Crimson lines started to form releasing a stain of blood from the claws. I release a gasp of pain, as it continued to scratch me more violently.

"That is enough, Deathbringer."

Deathbringer? Such a dramatic name for a bird. The bird screeched again before flying off from my face and onto the shoulder of a man. The darkness turned up a little brighter giving me a faint idea of where I was. A big room with stone walls sheltering the entire space, but absolutely no lights existed in this place.

The blackbird cawed and rubbed its head on his master's chin then eyed my figure in the dark as if I was his meal.

I eyed the man too, seeing it was Theodore again. I'm sick of this man appearing and showing up in my life as my enemy. He approached with a wicked smile on his face and the raven perked on his shoulder.

"I see you met my bird," He teased as he kneeled in front of me.

"Where the hell am I anyways, Theo?" I asked, crawling backwards to a wall, eyeing him suspiciously.

"In my own home.. in hell," He smirked again, twirling a strand of my hair around his index finger.

And he continued, "And these stone walls will keep you contained for the rest of your life."

"You will not keep me contained so watch me. Watch me break this room apart with my bare hands!" I threatened him, my eyes narrowed.

"I would gladly watch you fall. Better yet, to death. So other angels could weep as you erase from existence."

"Is that supposed to scare me, Theodore?" I managed a huff and a chuckle.

"We will see about it," He chuckled too and disappeared in an instant with the raven on his shoulder watching everything.

This challenge I must face to prove him wrong would be tough, but I didn't let it stop me from being captivated in his domain. And I will do everything to get myself out.. without Lucifer's help.