Chapter 27: The Fall

"You will never lay a hand on her, you hear me?! And if you do, I'll burn your rotten body in the hottest flame you will ever get," Lucifer warned the other demon, having him in a chokehold. Michael watched with amusement, seeing his brother in rage.

I was on the floor watching them argue and fight with each other, contemplating what to do when I felt a cold metal pressing against my back and brought out the golden dagger Michael had passed on to me. I couldn't kill him.. It was against the angelic laws, but I didn't have a choice.

While Theodore was distracted, Michael faced me and gave me a signal with a nod. I crept up behind the greater demon who had his back towards me while Lucifer was still choking his neck.

And I went for it.

I stabbed Theodore through the chest with the medium sized blade encrypted with gemstones around the handle, causing the greater demon to screech in a demonic way and black blood poured out from his chest and his mouth. He was weakened, but not killed.

Lucifer took his chance to take that kill when he fully transformed into the devil himself making me gasp softly as I stared at the dark, reddish figure before me, still having he dagger in Theodore's chest. Lucifer roared in madness, looking down upon the other weakened demon, "By the laws of hell, you shall perished in the flames of Leviathan."

Theodore glanced at the devil in fear, "N-no!"

Slowly, his body deceased. He crumbled into dust and entered the realm of hell, being trapped eternally in the flames of Leviathan. And no way to return to he earth realm.

Michael had watched the entire scene, almost proud of his brother but hated the way he was changed into the devil. He had said nothing the entire time when Lucifer had returned to his humane form, glancing at us both while I still had the dagger in my hand.

"Lucifer.. you're okay.." I said in relief, wanting to edge myself closer to embrace him.

The devil smiled genuinely now when he paced closer to hold me into his arms as everything died down.. Until Michael spoke up.

"You did the right thing, Lucifer but.."

He turned towards me now, "The other angels would need to discuss some matters with you."

"Wait.. what do you mean discuss matters with me?" I asked, looking at the angel warrior, "If so.. I shall accept the discussion."

I turned to Lucifer now, interlacing my fingers with his, smiling genuinely too when I pressed a soft, light kiss on his lips. He returned it, embracing me as if I was his own soulmate. Or maybe we were once in the lifetime?

"I will return to you, my love," I whispered on his lips, my thumb gently stroking his rough, stubbled cheeks.

He feigned a little smile again, closing his eyes, "And I shall wait for your return, my little angel."

So, Michael and I returned to heaven being our wings purely white as we greeted the other angels. Most angels were females but the significant male angels were the ones quite known on earth.

The angels led me to a very large and high hall room, a large circular table stood among the white marble floor with glassy chairs surrounding the table, making it a complete set.

"Welcome to the hall of the Angels."

A/N: So is this the end?

Fret not, this isn't the end of the book just yet.. ;)