Chapter 28: Heavenly Meeting

The angels surround the whole space of the hall, their white clothing blending in with the scene making it a little difficult to shape their bodies completely but the only different about it was the skin. Some pale, some darker than pale. Their faces brightened as I walked into the grand white oak doors, excited to welcomed the new angel. Whispers were loud enough for me to hear and tend to overhear everything in the room which made me nervous now as I stood beside Michael. The whispers died down when the leader cleared his throat, "May I welcome the new member of our angel society.. Maeve."

The angels clapped their hands being soft and delicate like their personalities. I offered a little smile to them, looking around the hall room. These crowds were starting to make me more nervous when I felt Michael's hand around my arm gently, offering a reassuring smile, "Don't fret about this, dear."

"Oh I'm not.. It's a little.. unsettling too see this many crowd.." I whispered in his ear and pulled my face away from him.

He smiled again when we all sit around the large oaken table Michael being the chairman and I sitting on his left side. We all started to converse about the situation with Theodore and the consequences of it.

"Who killed him?" An angel asked, being curious as he glanced at the superior angel.

"There was only one person that could kill Theodore.. And it was in fact, a former one of us," Michael replied, almost casually, "Another question?"

"Sir, where is Theodore now?" A female angel with a flaming red hair asked, again curious.

"From what I've heard, he is banished to hell again," The superior shrugged, almost bored of the questions.

Time had passed but unfortunately, time didn't exist in heaven nor in hell, it was just a matter of seconds. I glanced to Michael now, being alone with him in the hall room, "You didn't mention Lucifer?"

"That name will not be spoken here. The others wouldn't understand what we have been through," He heaved a sigh, gaze shifted to me.

"Why so? He is your brother, isn't he?"

"He was. But I don't despise him like other of my brothers. He and I were close when he was an angel a millennia ago. Since his fall, I questioned everything," He closed his eyes, the memories running back in his mind.

"You missed him.. after when he fell?" I asked, being curious.

"I do. But I was forced to hide it," He said nothing more, sighing, "Come on, time for you to go back."

Then he led me to a gorgeous portal, framed by angel feathers and crystals, a white screen displayed in the frame. I gaped at it, loving the design of the portal, "This is beautiful."

The other angel smiled proudly, staring at the frame too, "That is the work of our sister."

"Wonderful, do tell her I love it," I chuckled and then passed through the white screen.

It felt like water.. No, it felt lighter than water. Perhaps the more accurate would be silk. Yes, I passed through the white silky screen and ended up in my very own apartment, smiling in relief as I was back on earth as I was overwhelmed.