Chapter 15: Mother

A/N: This chapter might be a little too short but the next chapter will be more longer.

~

I groaned as I came into, only to realised half of my body was stuck under the shelf making me close my eyes in pain. My voice was hurting as I tried to scream out.

'Dammit.. what happened?' I thought as I tried to get myself free from the shelf.

I was alone there and having no one to help, I thought all ways to release myself since the wooden shelf was heavy as a rock. Using my hands and fingers, I used all my effort to lift the heavy object from my body but to no avail. Looking around, a phone lay within my reach. Using a little of my strength I managed to grab it and called for an ambulance, telling them I was stuck under a shelf and gave them my location.

About 5 minutes or more, they arrived and managed to get the shelf off from my body making me sigh in relief as they hurriedly brought me to the hospital. They even called my mother to check on my being, which I was glad since she was all I had left.

Once my mother arrived, she had been worriedly sick as I noticed the emotions on her face when she hugged me carefully in the hospital bed, "My daughter.. What happened?"

"Oh mother.. The only thing I could remember was.. an explosion.. and.. and Lucifer.." I tried to explain but my mind didn't seemed to function properly as I was exhausted.

"Oh baby.. Did this.. Lucifer guy hurt you?" She asked, worried etched across her face.

"No.. He didn't.. He was protecting me from something when I went unconscious, mother."

She sighed in relief but smiled a little, "Thank God.."

I reached out to hold her hand in mine, a small smile forming on my face, "Do not worry, mother.. I'm well now."

She only managed a nod and pressed her lips softly to my head, "You'll be fine, baby."

I smiled weakly and closed my eyes, desperately wanting to catch a break and wasn't aware that I had fallen asleep with my mother taking care of my wellbeing.