Chapter 21: A Dangerous Game

Theodore had awaken, but trapped in the depths of hell hearing the groans and grumbles vibrating throughout the entire place behind the golden bars. He grumbled under his breath, his red crimson irises illuminating in the dark as he finds a way to escape. Eventually he did.

~

I made my way to work with the subway and walked through the streets until I ended up at the familiar glass building, the skyscraper almost reaching the sky. The glass reflected the bright blue cloudless sky which made the weather a little hot. As I entered the workplace, I felt the cool air conditioning relieving me from the natural heat and paced through until I get to the elevator. Until I was at my level, I walked to my desk near the dark yet glassy window and started on my files.

That's when I heard a crash from the ceiling, making all heads turn the the source of the crash. A roaring voice was heard throughout the levels, "Where is she?!"

Knowing it screamed danger, I hid under my desk glancing to the window as it was my only escape. The others could only panicked and screamed as they were being killed all around only to look for me. I made a dash to the window and broke it into shards as I grew my wings out and flew into Lucifer's mansion as quick as possible my wings could take me.

But I was stopped, somehow. A dart had hit one of my white wings making me fall to the paved ground before I could make it to the mansion. I fell and fell, feeling like an eternity when I hit the pavement ground hard breaking my delicate, soft wings. It was badly fractured, but not broken entirely. I gave a soft whimper, as the pain shot up into my body and my veins.

"You're in my game now, woman," A voice so deep grumbled behind me, snatching my hair into his hand pulling it harshly.

I couldn't speak as I was breathless from the fall, giving him a chance to laugh menacingly into my ear. He practically dragged me across the ground, making my skin pricked with tiny rocks on the road. Crimson blood had stained the hot, tar road as he continued to drag me around more until he threw me into a basement. The last thing I saw was darkness.

I had no idea where I was, by the looks of it. Darkness continued surrounding me, embracing me as their own. Pain was still conscious in my body, reminding me of my greatest fall. So that's how it felt like to fall.

Again, the voice spoke up in the pitch black darkness, "Welcome to my humble domain."