6: the Games

Touka: rin... We've reached.

Touka pov:

I sent her back to her home, above ground. It was an awkward silence all the way back. I didn't know what to say... no... I want to ask her the one question.

I just don't know how to open my mouth.  Until now... she's already by her house. I still haven't open my mouth.

She had opened the door and walked in. She turned around to see me. She waved and smiled to me 'oyasumi. ' she was going to close the door.

Touka: erm rin.

Rin: hai?

Touka: never mind... call me okay.

Rin: um. I promise you.

She smiled to me as she closed the door. I took a deep breath of relief. 

Its fine... right?

Rin... still is my friend. Rin... still wants to be my friend.

Right?

__________________________________

So two weeks has passed... I've been staying at the hyaku yonju yon with yoshimura-san and the others.

The cafe anteiku is still opened. Buisness is better than ever. I don't have to live a guilty life thinking I eat real people who once had lives.  That is the best part isn't it?

But... I feel so... something missing.

I look at my handphone... again... and again...and... again. ..

*ring ring*

My handphone rang. I answered the phone listlessly. Who could it be?

Rin: touka....

I could hear her cries over the phone. 'Rin!!!' I was excited that she called me. I was a little happy but I could hear cries.

Touka: what's wrong?

Rin: touka... touka... I don't know what to do. Please help me.

___________________________________

I got to her house. I knocked onto her door frantically.

Rin: *opens door* touka!!! *hugs,cries*

I patted her head 'it's going to be fine.' I walked in and saw a coffin. I took a gulp. It must be one of her parents.

Rin:open it...

So I did. Inside laid a lady it must be her mother. Right beside it lay a kagun. But she's not a ghoul, so its not like it was tore it from her... it was more like those kinds of weapons the cgg investigators use. 

Her mother... was a ccg investigator?

I gave her another hug ' its fine. It's fine.'

Rin: mama was sent in last night when I heard a lot of noise.  What's going on touka? Why... why mama is dead?  And... why does she have that thing?

Touka: you didn't know?

Rin: *shakes head* mama promised to come back yesterday. She said... she said *sniffs* she would bring back cupcakes.

Touka: rin... Where's your papa?

Rin: not back. I tried to call papa at the cellphone. But there's no answer.

Touka:how about at his company?

Rin:ah. That one. That one was weird. I called to the company where mama and papa worked at but the service provider said it doesn't exist.

Touka: wait.  So your parents aren't cgg investigators?

Rin: police? No. Mama and papa are businessmen.

Touka: don't worry I will figure something out.

Rin: and than... and than there's this guy who came with the coffin and said this. 'If you want your papa to be free,come participate the games. Hyaku yonju yon.'

Games? Hyaku yonju yon?

__________________________________

Kisa: you called me?

Touka: I've something to ask you.

Kisa: information or job requires money touka.

Touka: how much?

Kisa: hmm... you don't have the money touka. But... that's not the only thing I accept.

Touka: what do you want?

Kisa: favors. You owe me one.

Touka: fine.

Kisa: what do you want to know?

So I told her everything.

Kisa: oh.

She gave like an expression like it was nothing.  Like it was normal.

Touka: what you mean 'oh.' ?!!!

Kisa: losers die. That's how the game plays.

Touka: the game... the game!!What's that?

Kisa: two favors.

Touka: what?!! You haven't told me anything!!!

Kisa: the lowest level. The Games. The whole level is an arena for a brutal game called 'hunt'. Kill or be killed. The second last floor was created to hold the participants but the game got tense and people started made their base at the arena. That's where yoruzuya is and... why rin almost got killed.

Touka: I haven't got you for that. Talking about it.

Kisa: humans and ghouls allowed. There is no winner in the game. You kill one, you get money. Killing ghouls earn more money of course. If you're skilled enough, the rich like you, they hire you.

Touka: than why did he say to rin, if she wants a chance to free her father enter the games.

Kisa: I'm not done. 'Hunt' is one of them. Its boring already. You sure you want to get involved?

Touka: just tell me!!!

Kisa: The one... that rin is talking about should be the 'battle.' Yokomi gurein. He's losing fighting against the other group. He lost his wife who's been a great fighter. They really climb the ranks until she died. He's been losing. This goes on, he might really die.

Touka: what?!!! How to help him?!!

Kisa:that's why I say two favors.

Touka: just say!!

Kisa: we need rin and you.

Touka: I won't let rin die.

Kisa: who talked about rin dying. Just bring her. Oh oh... ken too. That's two favors. Call me again when you need help.