15: I was wrong

Yoshimura: what brings you here?

Kisa: peach tarts.

Yoshimura: kohii?

Kisa: hai. Please.

Yoshimura: don't mind me. But you don't look well.

Kisa: its okay. Really.

Yoshimura: I've heard that you got in a fight with kaneki-kun.

Kisa:its that big a news huh. But you're not angry at me. Seems like ken told you everything.

Yoshimura: he didn't. He said you had reasons. And I believed him.

Kisa: does the rest?

Yoshimura: most. Except you know.

Yomo renji was releasing some really dark aura from back there that no one even wants to come into the cafe.

Kisa:how's your business?

Yoshimura:kuniya told me. You're an orphan. Your parents died when you were born. Kuniya had to fight for your life. People wanted you.

Kisa: uncle... he told you huh.

Yoshimura: he told me to forgive all your arrogant and selfish behavior like this one.

Kisa: you are the one that sees the clearest neh.

Yoshimura: arigato for the compliment.

Kisa: its the truth.

Yoshimura: but you are really capable despite the behavior.

Kisa: arigato. Yummm... *munch...* what else he told you?

Yoshimura: that you build yoruzuya because you were lonely. But that's just one of the reasons. You truly wanted this place to be a paradise kuniya created. You wanted to climb to the top of these Games and destroy everything of it.

Ken: kisa... I never knew that...

Ken overheard while serving the peach tarts to kisa.

Kisa: ironically people like yomo renji play these Games. Ale,you're on shift today?

Yoshimura: he needed the money. He wanted to open a gym.

Ken: that's why people play the Games? For money... to acheive their dreams...?

Kisa: some people. Many different people enter the Games. Some so they can get a pass to a higher level in hyaku yonju yon.

Ken pov:

I was wrong. I thought that this place was evil. This whole hyaku yonju yon. This place which status are being splitted into sections. Money to buy into the next level. I thought that its the system that is wrong.

I was wrong.

It's the Games. They fulfill people's desires that easily.

With money. I can buy a pass.

With money. I can buy a house.

With money...

So people play the Games to fulfill their big dreams and ambitions.

Thinking that just one shot might solve their problems.

Thinking...at least I die trying.

Thinking ... its the only way.

At least... most.

Kisa: this place was built to be in peace. Happiness. To earn your hard-earned money and you will be able to ascend to the next level. Just because...

Kisa's face blackened immediately 'because of somebody. All these changed. People got money easily because of the Games. The passes had to soar in price. Everything...'

Yoshimura: this was the catch wasn't it? That kuniya was talking about. Looking at others living worse off than you. And... it used to be the opposite.

Ken: the Games... its wrong. Who built it?

Kisa: you don't want to know ken.

Ken: kisa...

Kisa: *cough cough...*

Ken: kisa. Are you okay?

Kisa: no blood. Fine.

Ken: kisa. I want to play the Games.

Kisa: *faint smile* I accept your help. Kaneki ken.

Yoshimura: I can't do much. Come here for peach tarts anytime you want.