12: I'll play

Ken pov:

So something shocking happened. Uta asked for lira in hand for marriage and lira agreed.

Rin:kyaa... this going to be so exciting!! First time attending a ghoul and human's wedding.

Lira: its not really much. Is it...?

Rin: its marriage!! Of course its a big thing.

Lira:oh.

Touka: its like you don't think much of it.

Lira: that's cos nothing much is going to change is there? Except... I guess *blush* we'll be together more often.

Gurein: things do change after you get married. Like how I get controlled and scolded by my wife and stuff.

Rin: hahaha... totally agree.

Lira: change?

Uta hugs her and lira being shorter a bit in height tugs nicely under his chin 'not much. I promise.'

Lira: no children. I still play the Games. Nothing is going to change.

Ken: eh.... still play the Games?

I don't understand. Why still play the Games? I mean... she's married now. She's settled down finally. Doesn't she need to you know... worry about uta more. And stay at home more... like... like normal wives do.

Uta: um. I said I would let her play the Games. She can't get out of it.

Rin: not even for uta....?

Gurein: rin. Don't be nosy.

Rin: gomen.

Lira: the Games. I will never leave. I die here, in the Games. Like how kisa decided.

Lira left the room.

Ken: uta-san. Is it really ok? Gomen... I know I shouldn't...

Uta: lira was born in the Games that's why... that's why she's so insistent.

Ken: won't you be worried?

Uta: I worry every time she goes out there to play. Just even when she goes out for a walk I worry she won't come back. She is a human.

Rin: than why?

Uta: because I promised her. I promised her I would let her play the Games even after we're married.

Touka: you could talk her out of it. Playing the Games is... dangerous.

Uta: *smiles* it's impossible.

Flashback~

Lira: uta. Uta. Are you okay?

Uta: lira... *cough cough*

Uta pov:

I was coughing blood endlessly. I was pierced by the stomach by a kagun. I let down my guard when picking something nice for lira... I wasn't expecting this.

Taeyin had carried me back to the yoruzuya. We ran out of human flesh just at that time. He had to go out to buy so I could heal.

I pushed lira away from me. She was... too tempting... I wanted a bite. It was hurting.

I couldn't do it. I had fallen in love with her. This cold cute lira. My urges... they're strong... I was salivating out of my mouth.

She cried and ran to me 'uta....' she hugged me.

Why cry? I'm just a ghoul. Do you.... like me too? She hugged me. She stroked my hair... I was a little shocked.

Lira: a while... taeyin is coming...