text me your address

"So, Cabello, I hear you and I are paired for a project. Don't worry, I'll make sure to do most of the work so we can get an A. I bet you're fucking brainless."

All Camila had wanted to do was go to her locker and quickly gather her books before her next class, silently hoping Lauren wouldn't find her in the short amount of time, but alas, that was too much to ask. Shutting her locker quietly, Camila looked up to Lauren with doe-like eyes. Honestly, Lauren terrified Camila to no end. It frustrated the girl how much Lauren could get under her skin. It was like she reached into her brain, picking out every insecure thought she had ever had, and attacked them directly. Reminding herself that there was really no way to get around talking to Lauren (Mrs. O'Connor stated that under no circumstance would she allow partner changes), Camila tried her hardest to speak to the girl, hoping that the quicker she did the faster she would be able to move on and get to her class.

"H-hi, Lauren. I really need to get to my next class, so could we, uh, maybe schedule a time to meet for the project so I can get on with it?" The whole time Camila spoke, she made sure not to look into Lauren's eyes. She also willed herself not to think about how every time she did catch the emerald beauties, they made her insides feel like molten lava. Lauren scoffed at Camila, grinning condescendingly before replying to the younger girl. "Wow, so the idiot can speak. It's a fucking miracle! This is going to be fun, Cabello." Camila tried to ignore Lauren, although she could feel the tears rising in her eyes. She choked them back the best she could. "I was thinking we could...go to your house. If that's okay." For the first time since Camila met Lauren in their freshman year, she saw fear flash in her eyes. "NO! I mean, we can't go to my house. My parents aren't going to be home...they aren't going to be home and they won't allow me to have anyone over." Camila thought it was weird that Lauren had practically freaked out about her suggestion, and although she didn't favor bringing Lauren to her tiny home in the not-so-rich part of their town, she was too scared to fight Lauren on it. "Okay...I guess we can go to my house. Does Saturday at noon work for you?" Lauren pondered for a moment. Her mom would be home, which means she could ask her to watch Grace for a couple hours. Grabbing a scrap of paper and scribbling her number on it, she shoved it into Camila's chest and said, "Yeah, Cabello, I'll be at your dump. Text me your address."