Twenty six

Thea's POV

It's 3 in the afternoon and to be honest today has been boring.

Mason is in a meeting.

The quads all decided to just play video games all day after they showered.

Abuelita has been in the theater room watching her novella and I finished all of my work for today.

So that leaves me and Sierra sitting in the kitchen stools trying to come up with stuff we could do.

"Let's cook?" I ask and she shakes her head no.

"Last time I tried I almost burnt down the house" she says while turning red and I shake my head dismissively.

"I'll teach you" I say and I see her looking at me with an unsure look on.

"Trust me, I took classes" I say with a confident smile on.

"No you didn't! I taught you!" Abuelita shouts and my smile falters a bit since she ruined my moment.

How did she even hear?

"See" I say gesturing to Abuelita and Sierra just laughs before nodding in agreement.

"If I burn down the house it's on you" She says jumping off the stool.

"Okay" I shrug and jump off the stool as well.

2 hours later

"And that is how you make Mole and rice" I say while I begin setting up the table.

(Mole is a delicious Mexican dish)

"You know maybe I could cook" Sierra says with a victorious smile on

"Girl you almost burnt down the damn tortillas" I say to her and her face drops  "other then that you did great" I add in but I could see that at this point she doesn't believe me

"You were yelling at me in Spanish" she mentions and I just give her an awkward smile

"And this is why I decided not to be a teacher" I say to myself

"Stop talking to yourself you weirdo" Sebastian suddenly appears sitting in front of me

"Says the boy who stuffs cookies in his fanny pack" I scoff and he glares at me

"When are we going to go back to school shopping?" Esteban ask cringing at every word while taking his seat next to Sebastian.

I still need to talk to Mason about their school situation.

"Soon" I say putting the last plate down.

"When are we going to finally learn to use a gun?" Carter ask taking the rest of the spoons, forks and knives from me and setting them up and then I see Theodore setting up the glass cups.

"Soon" I repeat.

"Are we going to start training again?" Theodore then ask.

"Maybe" I say and they all now have a mischievous smile on before they turn to me with an innocent look on.

Yeah like I'm going to fall for that.

"No you guys can't throw a knife at an apple from you're mouths" I say and they all start whining.

Sierra brings the food out and puts it in the middle of the table and soon enough Abuelita comes out with her nose in the air.

"It smells delicious but why does it smell like someone burnt something?" Abuelita ask and Sierra face palms herself.