Chapter Seven

Savannah

Monday and Tuesday I was hella busy trying to do my homework and work for clubs I was doing. Wednesday came around and it was my only free day. No homework. I've also been texting jack a lot lately. He said he didn't mind me texting him while he was in classes because I was more interesting.

I got changed, I was wearing all black. I looked like I just came from a funeral. When I got to the school Kylie braided my hair.

I walked while texted when classes would end

I walked while texted when classes would end. Then came lunch. I sat down eating but still texting jack. "Look at her! She won't even look away from her phone. Too busy texting jack." Lia said. "I can still hear everything you guys say." I said. "And she talks to us!" Justin said.

I rolled my eyes. "Guy c'mon she's just texting her lover. Leave her alone. I was the same way with my boyfriend." Kylie said defending me. "Kylie... she literally hasn't spent time with us because of Jack and excuses like Homework." Lia said.

"I'm spending time with you guys right now aren't I?" I asked lookup at them. "Not really." She said. I looked at all of them. They didn't say anything. I moved my jaw to the side rolling my eyes.

"What? What do you guys want to do then?" I asked. They just rolled their eyes. "What now?" I asked. "We've been talking about going to the lake Friday after school." She said. "I'm sorry I can't Friday. I already made plans. Can we leave Early Saturday?" I asked.

"Of course you can't." Lia said. "Oh my god! What do you want me to do? Do you want me to cancel all my plans?" I said annoyed. "We shouldn't have to ask you to do that. You should be able to make a decisions." Justin spoke.

I rolled my eyes leaving the table and heading to my class. I couldn't believe I was having this issue with them.

~
After school I called Jack wanting to talk about with him.

Jack G🥵: what's up gorgeous?
Me😜: hey we need to talk.
Jack G 🥵: is everything okay? Do I need to come over?
Me 😜: that's sweet jack, but no. We need to talk about Friday.
Jack G🥵: whats up?
Me😜: i don't think i can make it. My friends also want me to go to the lake with them, but I told them about going to your game. They want me to go with them.
Jack G🥵: it's fine Savs. Go with your friends. There's always another game you can come to.
Me😜: then I just feel bad, plus you really wanted me to come to cheer you on. I was thinking more like you come with us.
Jack G🥵: i really appreciate you wanting me to go with you guys, Savs. You're friends don't want me though. Clearly that's why they want to take you to the lake.
Me😜: that's clearly not fajr for you jack. We've had this plan for a week.
Jack G🥵: I know, but I'm not gonna let you ruin your friendship because of me.
Me😜: you're not ruining our friendship Jack. They are. They say I'm not hanging out with them because I don't hang out with them like after school. It's not my fault I care about my homework and grades.
Jack G🥵: maybe you should talk with them.
Me😜: yeah I might
Jack G🥵: let me know how that goes
Me😜: thanks for listening jack. Hey are you doing anything right now?
Jack G🥵: mmm no why?
Me 😜: wanna come over?
Jack G🥵: i guess i can jaja
Me 😜: okay can't wait
Jack G🥵: okay I'll see you soon

I-.... holy shit. Jack is coming over. God i hope this goes at least okay. I would've invited my friends, but I'm mad at them. They're probably mad also.

I went downstairs sitting my butt on the couch. My whole family was gone. Brothers were at friends and my parents Well working. Then the door opened which startled me. "Oh shit... Im sorry. I didn't mean to open the door. The door opened right when I was knocking." He said. I laughed.

"It's okay jack. Don't worry. My brothers probably didn't close it all the way." I said. "Well if you say so." He said jumping over the couch from behind to sit next to me. I laughed.

"Stop trying to impress me... cuz it's not working." I laughed, that's lie. I am impressed by everything you do. "Mm... Well... you're gonna tell them They're right." He said. I was left speechless. I bit my lip. Jack leaned closer to me a few inches away from my face. I could hear my heartbeat beating fast. My breathing was going away.

Then the door opened again and all I hear is my brothers nagging about something making me let out a breath and roll my eyes. "Mom! Savannah has a boy in the house!" They yelled running back outside.

"Oh my god... can they for once in their life not do that. I'm sorry about my brothers." I said. "It's fine." He said laying back slowly. Were we about to kiss? Their was definitely something there.

"How about next time we hang out... we can go to my place ?" He suggested turning to me. I laughed while nodding my head. Then my mom came in. "Oh my! There is a boy inside my house with my Savannah." She said shocked putting everything down on the table next to the door.

Great. Thanks mom. You made it seem like I've never dated a boy, I mean it's true though. I've been caught up liking Jack, I never looked at other guys. "Oh my god! Is this the Jack Gilinsky that I've heard of so much?" She asked. Oh shit. Face palm.

"Mom! Why would you say that!" I asked embarrassed. "What? He's jack Gilinsky, isn't he? I mean you've ha-"

"Mom! Yes he's Jack, but you don't say that in front of him." I cut her off. "So you've talked about me? That's cute. I hope good things though." Jack spoke.

"Oh of course hun. Have you never met my Savannah, she talks amazing about people who she-" she started. "Mom!" I yelled. "Sorry." She said.

"Well Savannah how about jack and you go upstairs to your room. I'll make sure your brothers don't bother you guys." She said. I nodded my head, pulling jack upstairs. When we made it to the top of the stairs I turned around thanking my mom.

I showed jack my room, going to take down the pictures of jack and closing my laptop. I hid them in my closet. "Well... clearly you have something to hide." He said laughing when I walked back in.

"Yes... maybe... but their my private things." I responded. I sat next to him, quietly. I didn't mind it honestly. "So have you talked to your friends?" He asked. I shook my head. "Why?"

"I don't know. They'll be mad. Plus I'm thinking... I'm just gonna go to your game. Like they'll be more days where I can go with them to the lake. Plus this game is special to you and you want me to attend." I said.

"I mean.... you're not wrong nor right. I do want you to come to my first football game, but like i said. I don't want you to ruin any of your frienships because of me." He said coming up from behind and hugging me.

"Jack... if they can't accept that I want to go to your game first then the lake. I guess they're gonna have to suck it up." I said turning around to him.
"I don't know Savannah. I'm not gonna decide for you or tell you the right thing because it's your choice and decision."

I nodded at his response knowing he was right. We went back to the Silence, the comfortable silence for a few minutes.

"You know... I would never thought that sitting in a quiet room with a person would feel this comfortable." He said. I smiled.

"Yeah."

We bursted out in laughter. Never have I felt comfortable sitting in a quiet place with any of my friends. We've always felt the need to talk and rant about something or someone. Jack made it seem normal.

••••
I was feeling this the whole Time beside the beginning. I'm fine though. Jack and Savannah had a special day. What do you think?