Chapter Fifty-three

Savannah

Today was Marks big first game. I had to dress cute for Marks game. So I just a red sweater and black tights.

Mark and I carpool together since we were both excited for his game

Mark and I carpool together since we were both excited for his game. Of course before school I bought us Starbucks.

"You know.... Coach porter has been watching me." He says. "No... I didn't. Have you guys talked?" I asked. He shakes his head. "Hey don't worry about it... I'm sure you're in their head. You're pretty annoying to forget." I say trying to cheer him up which worked.

"I'm not annoying... look at you." He says. "Shut up." I say getting off his car once he parked his car.
"You know I'm right." He says. I shake my head walking ahead.

"Bitch! You don't talk to me anymore!" I hear from behind me. I turn to see Trey jogging up next to me. "You stopped talking to me." I laugh.

"No... I just started going to more parties." He says. "Yeah.. I don't go to them anymore." I say. "Oh c'mon come this weekend to one with me." He says.

"Uh no... especially not you." I laugh. "You Can invite Mark... and speaking of him. What's going on between you two? Are the rumors true?" He asks stopping in front of me.

"What are you talking about? What's rumors?" I ask confused. "You haven't heard them? Surprising." He says sarcastically.
"Shut up! Tell me." I say.

"Well... that you broke up with Jack to be with Mark. That's why you and mark have been all close and flirty." He says.

"What?! How can people come up with rumors like that? I- I didn't break up with Jack for Mark. We don't flirt, we're just close." I say.
"I mean I would've believed it too, but I know that that you wouldn't do that to Jack. Plus I mean you guys do sorta flirt. Y'all always posting each other." He says.

"Cause we're having fun. We hang out... plus... I be looking good next to ugly things." I say joking in the last part. Causing him to shake his head smiling a little.

"Okay... well now more guys want to have fun with you now that you're not with Gilinsky." He says. "Thank you Trey." I smile. "Of course... remember party with me this weekend!" He says walking away.

-
After school we all decided to go eat at Applebee's which we all loved to go to, but then Mark had to go back to get ready. The rest of us just went to my house for awhile before going to the game.

We got there right before everyone started arriving to get good seats. Jordan plays also, but he started talking to this girl name jordyn and we never really met her so on his free time he mostly hangs out with her.

I saw Coach Porter sitting at the very top, which made me very nervous for Mark. Usually they don't come till like mid season.

-
After the game, our guys won. Mark caused three home runs which I thought was good.

Once the coach and guys were done talking, I ran up to Mark hugging him and congratulating him. His mother then hugged him. We were all talking before Coach Parter came up.

"Mark Anastasio... young gentlemen.. you... you have a gift. I hope to see you improve more this season. I really enjoyed watching." He says shaking Marks hand. I smile.

"Thank you sir... I really appreciated you coming out to watch." Mark says smiling harder than I've seen.
"I'll be coming around more." He says smiling.
"Anytime." Mark answers.

"Sorry.. I'm just in shock you came and are here." Mark adds causing him to laugh.
"Is this your girlfriend?" He asks looking at me stretching out his hand.

I laugh. "No... I'm just his best friend." I answer.

The guy seemed shocked but recovered from assuming. After awhile the guy finished and let us go. We get into Marks car, he started driving to McDonald's.

"Dude you literally ate so much before the game." I say. "Hey... I exercised don't judge me." He says. I laugh. "Fine, but I want a large fry and a cheeseburger." I say sitting back. "whatever you want." He says rolling his eyes.

We get our food before driving to the big pond at our park and watching people walk as we eat.
"So..if they accept you at Omaha, are you gonna stay here?" I ask him.
"Uhm.. Yeah I don't have anywhere else to go. Unless I plan to never play baseball." He says.

"True, but have you tried getting other colleges to notice you?"
"Yeah, but most of them have spots saved for other players. Plus out of state is expensive." He says.

"Yeah but there's scholarships."
"Savannah... You'll be fine in Arizona, UCLA, or wherever you decide to go to." He says.

"What? This isn't about me." I say. "Yes it is. You want me to go out of state. So you're not the only one." He says.

"I just figured you would want to go also." I say.
"I'm fine staying here Savannah. I also think it's because you don't want to be around Jack." He says. "Mark... you know I've always wanted to go to Arizona." I say.

"So what's holding you back?.... Jack. Yeah. You don't want to leave any of us behind, but if you really want to be with us. Just stay here." He says.

"I don't know." I say.
"Okay... for now how about we cherish this moment." He says pulling out a Polaroid. Which causes me to burst out in laughter.

We take three pictures which were cute. We kept one in his car and the other two, one for each. I posted on my snap the pictures with Mark behind it.

On the way to drop me off at my house

On the way to drop me off at my house. Mark said the most funniest thing to me in that moment.

"McDonald's... Smacked."

Oh my god.

••••