Chapter Thirty

Savannah

"Who's this Savannah?" Stassie asks.
"This is Mark....we go to school together." I say.

"How come we never heard or met him before?" Johnson asked suspiciously.
"Well we have classes together and hardly hang out with each other, but since you all are here. Guys meet, Mark. Mark meet Stassie, Derek, Sammy, Catherine, and Johnson." I introduce them.

"Oh.... so you must know about Savannah's crushes right?" Sammy asks. Getting an elbowed pushed into his ribs. "What I just asked a question." He scoffs.

"No I mean, Im not into her life that much. Savannah Just asked me if I would bring food over since we're working on a school project together." He says setting the food on the side table by the door.

"Oh well she's talking to Jack Gilinsky, so don't try anything." Johnson says standing up.
"Johnson!" We all yell his name, surprised by his statement, he gets up leaving out the door, myself following him.

"Johnson, Johnson, Johnson... where are you going?!" I ask confused.
"I thought you were different, I didn't see you as the type to move on and lie about it. If you were already talking to someone else. Jacks at the house, all day sad because you won't even look at him. The fact he likes you so much, broke off things with Madison for you and you can't even look at him."

"Johnson, I am different. I didn't move on from Jack nor was I talking to anyone. The fact you think you can accuse me of something like that shows you don't know me that well. I am trying to get my old life back, trying to live my life. I can't look at him when I know I lied to him."

He didn't even look at me. He just stood their looking at something else.

"Plus I never asked him to break things off with Madison. If he wants her than he could have her, I'm not gonna go beg or ask him to be with me."

"Exactly he didn't need you to ask. His feelings told him that he would never feel the same about you to anyone else. He cares about you, but you only care about yourself. Which is why you haven't even bothered to go see him."

"I haven't gone to see him because I'm busy Johnson. I have school, I also have friends, and I have to babysit my brothers. If I were you, I would just tell him to live his life, to move forward. I am not going be back in his life. He never did anything wrong."

Well beside not coming to our first date.

"Savannah you're making a mistake. You deserve to be happy...... happy with Jack." He says annoyed before leaving.

I roll my eyes before going back to my room. Why do I have to be happy with Jack? Jack never wanted me in the first place.

~

"Okay so we can meet up again here after school tomorrow?" I reassure Mark.
"Yes... I'll bring food again. Hopefully we'll finish this soon." He says opening the door.

I look past Mark realizing someone was coming.

"Oh hey! I'm about to head out so go on ahead bud." Mark says looking back at me before leaving.

Jack slowly starts walking slowly up to me, but looking back at Mark.
"What are you doing here?" I ask. "So you're meeting knew people?" He asks.

"Why Does it matter, Jack?"
"Cause... I still care. Is that bad for me to still care about you? Is it wrong for me to be here, wanting to be with you?"

"Is it wrong for me to move on with my life? Jack.... we were never bond to happen. I had fun, but the lying and holding secrets wasn't."

"The lying and secrets was never my attention to do with you. Savannah It looking me awhile to notice my feelings that were strong for you and I realize that now."

"Now is a little too late, Jack."
"You also lied and held a secret from me C'mon Savannah."

"Yeah and I felt horrible those days. You don't think I tried telling you the truth. Did you not realize those days I was nervous around you, the day you met my dad or my mom. The day they showed you pictures especially the one of us together from highschool. I WAS IN LOVE WITH YOU JACK FINNEGAN GILINSKY. Born on September 10, 1996. You also have a obsession with caramel macchiato."

"AND I LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW, IS THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH?! Why can't we forgive what we've done and move past it? We both like each other."

"Cause we already ruined the trust their was Jack. We Couldn't be in a relationship even if we tried."
"You don't know that!" He says frustrated.

I didn't have anything to say anymore, but he Just kept looking at me.
"I think it's late Jack. We both need to sleep on it." I say looking down at my feet.

"No.... Savannah... I can't just walk away from you when I have the chance to talk to you. I've slept on everything, I've thought about everything their is to think about."

"Well I Haven't..... I'll talk to you when I'm ready Jack." I say stepping back and slowly closing the door in his face.

I sigh, not believing I just faced Jack. Was I wrong?
Is there something to even fight for?

••••