Chapter 18

"So you weren't able to see her face?" Erwin asks.

Eren nods as a reply.

Hiruka had his suspicions towards this mysterious person, but he keeps telling himself it's impossible.

"Do you know anyone who would want to protect you?" Hiruka questioned. "A family member or relative or a friend perhaps?"

"Mikasa, but she was with the cadets when I was in the situation. Other than her, no."

Erwin was confused at first then said, "You're Grisha Yeager's son, am I right?"

"H-How...yes, commander."

"Where is he now?"

"He disappeared."

Sympathy painted the faces of the officials except for Levi who didn't seemed suprised.

Erwin turns to Levi. "Levi, remember that expedition when..." Levi glares at Erwin, then continues, "our main objective was to find Grisha Yeager?"

"Tch, what about it?"

"We weren't able to reach him that time, since we retreated. He's the only person who knows about titans, and hints of humanity has disappeared." Erwin mumbled.

"Sir."

"Yes, Eren?"

"My father have hidden some of his books and secrets in the basement of my destroyed home back in Shiganshina. This is the key to the basement." Eren helds up the key dangling from his neck.

Erwin seemed suprised. "Let's talk about the basement some other day. Do you have any family left?"

Eren tried his best to stop tears from falling, then he answered, "My mom died when the Colossal titan breached the wall." He was now sobbing, "A-And my sister, she was eaten by a titan years ago. Mikasa and Armin are the only family I have left. And this is why I joined the Scouts! To avenge my mother and sister's death!"

Eren said with pure determination.
"Thank you, Eren. You may go back to your cell now, Mike please escort him."

Mike leads Eren back, leaving the other higher-ups to discuss some matters.

"We need to find that person, she could be a great help in our expeditions." Erwin states to everyone.

Levi has been silent this whole time, he didn't bother listening to the conversation awhile ago, he was just thinking about Gwen.

"Erwin, what if in every expedition, whenever Eren is there, that person appears?" Hiruka responded.

"Yes, I think so Hiruka. We'll investigate further."

Hanji squeals in excitement. "And, the graduation of the Cadet Corps takes place a week from now."

Everyone nodded and they were dismissed.