Game Four: Round Nine

TW: creepy shadow, character death, axe, swearing, the k word

Dee explores off the Patio downstairs, and finally finds the Ballroom.

It's not fun walking into a large, empty room when there's an invisible killer on the loose. Dee watches for any sign of movement, walking warily through the room.

Suddenly the shadows in the corners seem to swirl, and a piece comes hurtling at him.

He barely has time to scream before it's swirling around him, a sinister voice whispering horrifying suggestions in his ear.

"Shut up-" Dee snarls at the darkness, screwing his eyes shut. "Whatever you're selling I don't want it."

The freezing feeling that came with the shadow slowly dissipates after a moment, and Dee opens his eyes slowly.

"Huh. I didn't think that would work."

~~~

Logan picks his next target.

Patton's never been the strongest person, he's not worried about this. If he attacks fast enough, the man won't even know what hit him.

And that's exactly what happens. Logan grabs a wooden rod from a broken chair and cracks Patton over the back of the head with it.

"In all honesty," he says quietly as the body hits the floor. "You were the only one I never truly hated."

Logan drops the wooden rod and picks up the weapon that was in Patton's hand. "That could come in handy."

~~~

Why am I so emotional?

This is not a good look, gain some self control

Deep down I know this never work

But you could lay with me so it doesn't hurt

~

Oh won't you stay with me?

'Cause you're all I need

This ain't love, it's clear to see

But darling, stay with me

~

These nights never seem to go to plan

I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

RIP Patton Rhinehardt

The Gentlest Friend

~~~

Virgil goes to the Entrance Hall, trying to find Logan.

"Where are you, you invisible f*ck?" He sneers as he wanders the halls. He reaches the front door and notices for the first time that a deadbolt fell across it when they came in.

Going to it, he tries to lift it. It doesn't budge. Feeling someone watching him, he spins and slashes the air with the Spear.

Nothing. Virgil growls and grabs his walkie talkie.

"Patton, Dee, check in?"

"In the Ballroom." Dee responds. They both wait for Patton's answer.

"Patton?"

It hits Virgil's chest like a ton of bricks and he yells in frustration.

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU LOGAN!"

~~~

Don't make promises you can't keep, Virgil

The danger will overtake you

Run boy, Run

Don't tempt fate with words, Dee

The darkness will overtake you

Run boy, Run