"So..."

•🌇•

    "[Name]! Come here! We need to talk." [Dad/n]'s voice bounced off the walls, the sound soon met a certain [s/c] boys ears.

    'Great, that's a good sign.' He sarcastically thought to himself.

    He sighed and closed the journal, tossing his pen down on the desk as he rose from his chair. Clicking the lamp off and leaving the room.

    Step by step he descended down the stairs, his hair a mess and his pajamas disheveled. His locks bounced with each step. He finally reached the bottom, his eyes drifted away from the carpet to their living room, a few opened boxes were scattered around.

    The rest of the boxes were probably piled up in one of the guest rooms. The two had spent all of yesterday unpacking. Yet the pile of boxes didn't get any smaller.

    Though when [Name] saw that his father was wearing the same clothes from yesterday, it told him that he wasn't the only one who's was tired. He plopped onto the old recliner next to the couch. [Dad/n] was watching the news, something about this hero group.

    But he turned off the TV before the teen could watch any further. The boy turned his head to him and watched him put the remote down. The man sighed and looked up at his son.

    "I've been thinking..." He paused. "I'll let you skip, since you already have your degree ready online. And you've shown me that you are capable. But this means you have to apply to a college as soon as possible."

—————

    I looked at him in shock.

    "Are you thinking straight? You were pretty much against it before...."

    He sighed again.

    "Since you are already done with it, I'll just let you. But, if you get bad grades and you end up struggling, I'm having you sent back to 12th grade at least, okay?" He made sure to put emphasis on that.

    I nodded and gave him a small smile. "Thanks Dad."

    He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. He then yawned.

    "Luckily we don't have to go school shopping, or pick a college right, right away. So, I'm going to finish unpacking after my nap. If you're hungry, take some money and go grab something." He got himself burrowed into the couch, his eyes drooping to a close.

    I got up and went back to my room, I never finished unpacking myself. So I decided to do that before anything else. I made my way to one of my two boxes.

    I opened the one to my left and began putting the contents in their rightful places. Then I proceeded to do the same with the next box.

    "Alright, now let's not look like complete shit." I opened my drawers and grabbed a change of clothes. I put on a shirt, just a simple grey one. Then a random pair of jeans I had lying around.

    I slid on a [f/c] color hoodie and socks to match. And grabbed the first pair of shoes I could find, which were a pair of fairly used slip-on vans. Next was my hair, I hurried off into the bathroom to look in the mirror.