"Time to set aside the boxes."

.📦.

-A few weeks later-

"[Name]! Hurry and get your lazy butt up!" I heard a slight grunt as something soft smacked right into the side of my face. Then I heard him make weird choking sounds... wait... 'HES GOING TO SPIT ON ME—'

    "DON'T YOU DARE!" I jumped up from my bed, gripping my comforter in my hands. I quickly glanced around the room to find where my Dad was so I could figure out how fast I should get away. But before I could process anything a envelope was shoved into my hands. It had a shiny golden wax stamp with a SF pressed into it.

    "Wow."  I stared in astonishment. "They replied fast."

   Dad walked over and sat on the side of the bed, smiling down at me. "Well? Open it!" He motioned to it.

    I shook my head, laughing. "You are so impatient, I'd rather take my time to see that I was rejected dad."

    He huffed and rolled his eyes, then motioned at it again but more aggressively. I looked back down at it, sliding my thumb under the stamp and ripping open the envelope. I pulled out the letter, it was neatly folded. Dads grabby hands leaned over and reached for the paper, I pulled it away and held it up over my head out of his reach.

    "Jesus Christ— let me read it first!" I pulled the letter back and read it. My eyes skimming over the little black letters and stopping on one sentence.

'You have been granted acceptance into San Fransokyo's Institute of Technology under a grant. You shall not worry about any expenses with the applied scholarships you have chosen. I hope to see your best work and the potential of your genius [Name] [Last-name], don't disappoint.'

    Before I could even finish reading the rest of the letter, it was snatched from my hands. I glared at him while he looked through it.

    "It looks like you have to start taking stuff to your lab ASAP. And you are sharing it with someone. And some of your classes are strictly virtual...?"

    "I know how to read dad—" I tried to grab the paper from him but he moved it out of my reach. He ignored me and continued reading.

    "A student will help you take your possessions to the lab, and give you a tour around the campus. They will arrive [Todays date] and starting from then you will be picked up at 11:00 am that day and 8:00 am for the rest of the year and driven to campus as requested to work with your accommodations. And your school laptop will be provided." He read.

Me and dad turned to my clock. 10:20 am read in bright red numbers. I gasped and whipped around to my dad.

    "When did you get this—?! I'm getting picked up today dad! I'm going to be late!" I threw the blankets off and started getting off of the bed.

    "I forgot that I left it on the counter when it came in a few days ago, I didn't realize it had been that long. Sorry kiddo." He chucked nervously and scratched the back of his neck. "Anyways, go shower. I can smell you from here."

    He got up off the bed and started walking out. I glared at the back of his head 'How could he forget something like that?! Ugh. I can already feel the stress crawling over my body.'