Chapter IX

After an hour fixing myself, I secured and locked the door to my hidden private room where I store all of my tactical weapons, techwears, tech tools, and spy equipment before heading downstairs to the main door.

I heard a beep of a car outside my dorm while stepping down the stairs. Knowing it or not I know who is it. I just sighed and opens the door, while I was inside I can see a man leaning on the mercedes car in front of my house, preskong-presko ito at may kasigaan pa ang tayuan nito.

Walang gana akong napangisi sa pagbungad nito na akala ko'y kanina pa nakaalis, but seeing his face I can trace that he was waiting there for so long before he left me lately, ngayon ko lang rin napansin ang suot niyang pormal na pormal, checkered polo shirt at black pants na tinernuhan pa ng leather shoes.

Hanggang sa naiwan na ang tingin ko sa mukha nito, through few meters I can see him staring surprised but it wiped out in a single curved of the corners of his lips. The mischievous crooked smile. He crosses his arms and his feet as well.

I'm still inside my dorm, standing inside the door. I shake my head and walk outside, closing the door as well.
I stepped closer in front of him, sakto lang ng isang metro. We just both stared at each other, I didn't say anything just because I want but because I don't have words to say, so I let him do the talking.

I stare blankly for the mean time and then Vrint laughs and brake the silence.

"Look girl you're now going to experience a..uhh what they called that?.. Uh—a prom party." He mockingly said. I just rolled my eyes. "a party you haven't been experienced ever.." He added but the mockery and the smile fade after he's trying to say more, he stops for few seconds and looks at me seriously before speaking again. "that you should have doing instead of this..instead of being like Lara Croft."

I keep on silent I know where it comes..

"You should be a typical ordinary teenager, who's in midst of having trouble in her puberty age, having a crush, a typical high school girl."

I'm so blank.
Deep down I'm drowned.

I feel the adrenaline rush building inside me, and I wanted to stop it now before it drips outside my body.

"Aren't you feel wanted a normal life?" He said where my eyes got nailed on him, gasping and breathing hard. I'm now on my adrenaline rush and can't help but show it. I feel so weak and scared for what I had heard from his mouth, after realizing the moment I'm showing him the tears of my weakness, I look like a cracked glass waiting to be completely broken. The trace of what's hidden inside my mask showing out through the cracks.

I wanted to hide it in front of him and around the world were they can barely view the entire face behind my mask. It was the first time I showed my weakness, I'm not ashamed, I'm shocked, and surprised for what just I did. Yes he would be surprised but they don't know that me, myself would feel more surprised than them.

I got stock of staring at Vrint after he says the last sentence. The whole moment was a surprise for me, I didn't expect he would throw it, I just expecting he will just mocked and tease me the whole night but what just he did is considerably shocking and surprising.

He said those words full of hopes and sadness that must be just mine.

Those words are like a darts and the board was me and my heart is the target, every time he throws it, it perfectly stabbed the targeted heart and it makes me feel the pain, the heaviness, and it sucks.

But I wonder why it looks natural for him to see me tearing and not being cold and hard like a stone and doesn't seem to care about as what he used to see me always.