Chapter 6

Brite's POV

The wind was cold, bitter and I was exhausted. This battle had lasted at least an hour already. I couldn't take it anymore. I had cuts and scratches all over me. My nose was bleeding. Sweat coming from every part of my aching body as the storm moved in. I snuck out the back door of the factories just left of Loot Lake. I heard gunfire and screaming. Just then the shots ended. It was me and and another fighter. I tried to stay hidden best I could, knowing I had nothing to heal myself with. I crept down to the side of the lake and began to build. I heard the fighters footstep. I began to panic and built faster. My headache throbbed with the feeling of the person reaching my level. I had to stop, I couldn't build anymore. I was out of materials. "Crap I'm done for". I muttered as I saw the shadow of the figure behind me. That when I felt te cold metal hit the back of my head. "Ok Bracer you won". Said turning around raising my hands. She laughed cheerfully. "Yay, thats 2 out of 3, you owe me 1000 v bucks now". She giggled. "Or do I?" I smirked pulling out my shotgun. I shot her right in her face and smiled. "Actually you owe me". I laughed as she respawned. She returned to lobby as I thought about as well. I stopped in my tracks staring at the large glowing cube. I approached it slowly. It grumbled a bit the closer I got. I felt a weird tingling sensation in my stomach, not so much the butterflies more like anxious. I sat down and held my knees to my chest. "Hey Kev' what's up?" I asked the large purple shape. It grumbled and hissed. "Yeah that's what I thought, then again I'm talking to an animate object". I said admiring the glow of the glyphs. I stood up and approached it. I brought my hand to it and touched it resting my head against the cold surface. Just then I heard laughing coming from inside, it sounded like me. I lifted my head to see, myself obviously. But I was dark and scary looking. I got the sensation of the skin near my eyes starting to split. I then shot back tripping over my own two feet. I crawled away from the cube and returned to the lobby scared out of my life.

*Present day*
Normal POV

"D...Drift...are you ok?" Brite asked crouching down to where he laid. She felt her neck were he'd bit her, she was bleeding. "Aw shit". She muttered looking at her hand which had blood on it now. Drift moved and she quickly stood up. "Brite...?" He grumbled. "Which Drift am I talking to?" She questioned keeping her distance. Drift sat up looking at the floor trying to regain memory of what happened. "It's me Brite light" He smiled warmly. "What happened? what did he do? He didn't-" Drift looked at Brite then her neck. His face grew a horrified look and he stood up. "Di.. did I do that?" He asked backing away slowly. Her eyes widened and she covered the wound. "No no no, it was him Drift you wouldn't hurt me". She said walking up to him. "But it was my body-" He was cut off by Bomber pressing a quick kiss on his lips. "Not your mind". She said gazing at him. "I'll uh.. get you something for that". Drift stumbled walking to the bathroom for the first aid kit. Brite stood there blushing at her actions.

Seeeee! I knew you'd show him sooner or later.

Oh shut up, he doesn't know what happened before.

He will. Memory does go away just like that. It's just his dark side hiding it from him. What do you think he is brainwashed.

Oh stop making stupid references.

Hey it's your mind.

Drift returned giving her a bandage and disinfectant. "Here use this, I'm gonna go lay down for a bit my minds kinda jogged after that". He said rubbing his forehead. "Ok". She said gently walking to the washroom. Drift left the room to go to the one across the hall. "What did I do?" He whispered before falling asleep.

Brite looked at the bite mark on her neck that was still bleeding. She un packed the disinfectant pad when the mark began to glow purple. She shot back to the wall. Electricity formed along with glyphs. The wound soon sealed up, leaving no mark. Brite stood there against the wall shocked breathing heavily. "Shit Kev's back". She said to herself in the mirror.

She walked into the bedroom and tried to fall asleep but she couldn't. If the cube was back then how come she haven't become evil. Maybe that was the force field around the building they were in. Something was up, and for all she knew. It was going to end in a fight.

Sorry for not updating guys. Summer break has me caught up in MARVEL marathons, drawing, making edits. And reading fanfiction *cough cough* That_One_Witch love your book. I will try to update as fast as possible but if it's slow I apologize.

~Sail♦️