Prologue

__________________________

•» You don't realize how strong you are until it becomes your only choice for survival•«

Derived from~Bob Marley~
Re-phrased ~Therealdera~
___________________________

🌹 P  R  O  L  O  G  U  E 🌹

"Punch harder!" Sapphire yelled at the females in training. The women shivered in fear, each increasing the intensity of their punches, putting in more effort as they tried to avoid the wrath of their alpha.

She looked towards the mountain and could clearly hear the chirping of the birds as they begin to sing. She could feel the early morning air as it swept across her face, filling her nostrils as she breathed in the fresh smell - the smell of nature. Her brown hair — which she usually set in a bun— came loose. She moved her hands almost immediately to tuck the stray hair back into its usual form.

Sapphire looked up to the pale blue sky and wondered if anyone else had noticed how pretty it was today, how the clouds were both bright and puffy. She also wondered if they imagined the clouds as a cute little girl who was between her parents: singing, laughing, and skipping with them, holding her tiny hands in their large ones. If they did, she hoped they also felt a calming warmth as they watched the little girl above play. For Sapphire believed the imaginary girl was lucky to be in the arms of those she loved.

"Useless," she sneered, pushing all the females to their very limit as each tried to be the better fighter, each throwing a punch harder than the last. All the females in training were trying their best to prove their worth to the alpha, but their efforts were fruitless. She still looked at them with an unimpressed expression.

Ever since an attack on the pack had caused the death of her parents, who were the former Alpha and Luna, Sapphire had been forced to take on the responsibilities of caring for her pack members and her younger sister at the tender age of seventeen.

She became the Alpha since her father had not had a male heir. Sapphire was no longer the free-spirited young girl who had loved adventures. Instead, she had become a cold alpha who distanced herself from everyone, even her sister.

She had trained every day for the past five years, teaching every male and female in her pack to be prepared to defend themselves against the world because she would not have a female who was weak, fragile, and defenseless. She killed anyone who posed a threat to her sister or her pack.

She didn't mind being called cold, heartless, dark, and evil if it meant protecting her pack and family.

Stories of how she tried to get rid of the evil in her traveled across packs. Parents told their children tales of how she had succumbed to darkness and tried to no avail to rid herself of it. What they didn't know was that she never tried to overthrow the darkness within. She embraced it, allowing it to consume her. She let it take over. If it meant the safety of her pack and loved ones was ensured, she would accept it.

What people thought about her didn't really matter. She was who she was and she wasn't going to change herself for anyone in the world, for she was the Alpha.

She was Sapphire Williams of the Blood Moon pack.

"Alpha," Ryan Mason, her beta and best friend called to her.