Chapter 7

A/N: BOOK HAS BEEN RENAMED TO VEILED IN DARKNESS FROM DEALING WITH HER DARKNESS. THANKS TO wanderingcyansocks FOR THE TITLE IDEAS. I LOVE THIS. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

•••

Keneally hated being at this ceremony, they were always filled with rich, egoistic Alphas and spoilt little girls who thought the world only ever revolved around finding the perfect, rich, and powerful partner.

It was never his intention to be involved with the facade, but somehow he always found himself entangled in it. He traveled to different counties every year for the mating ceremony, quietly observing the happenings around each pack he visited. It was his duty and he had to follow through with it.

Though he had almost skipped this year's mating ceremony, somehow he couldn't fully reign in his anxious wolf whose insistence had forced him to attend.

He had given up on finding his mate after years of searching for her in every pack he visited. One would think someone like him who traveled to different countries each year would have been in his mate's arm at the moment, but In Keneally's case, it was quite the opposite.

Rather than traveling with his mate and doing what normal couples do, he was stuck having to watch mates find and claim each other once the lunar mon showed its presence.

Ezra his best friend on the other hand who had accompanied him on his voyage to the Silvermoon pack this time was just as tired as he was about finding his mate, but he had decided to accompany Keneally for almost the same reasons. His wolf had somehow managed to channel the idea that his Fated was going to be at the ceremony tonight and Ezra didn't doubt him in the slightest.

Keneally's grey tuxedo hugs his body tightly. He adjusted his tie as he eyed the excited wolves arriving at the courtyard. The loud chatters and whiny voices from the females regarding their potential mates annoyed him. He wasn't objecting to their longing to find their mates but by their desperation and hopes on him being highly ranked.

Some even murmured in hushed voices about their plans to defile the council and reject their Fated should he be of a lower rank. Keneally huffed as he peeled his eyes away from them.

He very well knew their attempt at rejecting their mates wouldn't be possible because that was why he was present.

He shook his head as he adjusted his tux. His friend, Ezra moved till he stood beside him, dressed in a maroon-colored suit. Ezra had said to him before they had boarded the plane that he was certain that he was going to meet his mate tonight so he had to look his best. Keneally snorted at his naiveness.

"Ok, Ken. Let's go in and show them all that the golden boys have arrived!" Keneally hated how loud Ezra would get whenever he was excited. Should he wind up deaf someday, then he would make sure he pulled up a billboard with Ezra's name on it telling people he was the cause. Not that there was a possibility that was going it happen, because he was a werewolf, that too one from a powerful bloodline.

He ignored his excited friend and began to make his way into the hall where the event was being held. Once inside, he could sense the sharp eyes of females bore into his back as he walked in.

He was used to getting this sort of reaction from females wherever he went, he knew he was a good-looking male and that he had all the qualities any she-wolf in her prime wanted which were good looks, money, and power.

Keneally thrived on this. His physical appearance made it easy for him to have his way with any female of his choice without too much effort but tonight he didn't feel in the mood to fool around.