Chapter 4

A/N- THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE AND CHAPTER 4 IS THE SECOND ONE UPLOADED TODAY. PLEASE READ CHAPTER 3 BEFORE THIS. THANK YOU

•••

Pack members pooled out of the warmth of their homes, the task they were doing long forgotten as they made their way towards the park grounds in large groups. The sounds of sand fizzling under their shoes is the only thing that could be heard as the people trolled towards the center. Their curiosity was piqued as they wondered what the reason was for their Alpha's sudden announcement right after she had left training earlier.

Silent questions passed between everyone gathered, but they knew better than to voice those questions. They had an idea of what the meeting was about. It's that time of the year and they knew what to expect.

Soon enough, everyone was assembled around the center. The Bloodmoon pack wasn't what one would consider small it was the complete opposite. With about 700 members, it had gained its popularity as one of the largest and most affluent in the country.

Sapphire made her way towards the center with her Beta trailing after her. She sucked in her breath as she began.

"Good day, Pack. " Her voice asserted dominance and reverberated across the room.

"It's the time of the year we have all gotten used to by now. The Council has sent out a notice to all the neighboring pack in the city on behalf of the Alpha king, " She swallowed as she awaited a response, but instead, an eerie silence followed.

The Alpha king is the ruler of all werewolves in their part of the world. Just as the Alpha controlled a pack, the Alpha king governed every pack within the country and had legitimate power over them.

Though rumors spread about him was that he had lost someone close to him and had since them given all control to the wildness within making him more animal than man.

"It's been decided among the wolf committee that one of our neighboring pack, Silvermoon would be the one to host this year's annual mating ceremony-" She paused, inhaling deeply.

Sapphire had never been a fan of the mating ceremony. In all honesty, she completely despised it, but each year since she turned eighteen, she had found herself entangled in the facade. She had to deal with egoistic male Alpha's her first year of attending, males that wanted to claim her for their selfish reasons.

They had underestimated her strength because she was a woman. They thought they could tame her and take charge of her pack, but that was where they got it wrong. She let the darkness take over for the first time that day and had made sure to show those males their place. Now they feared her mere presence.

"The letter demanded that all unmated members between the age of 18 upwards be sent to the mating ceremony to aid them in finding their true mates, "

A silent chatter passed across them and Sapphire could feel the excitement of the unmated wolves around. They were excited about finding their soulmate and other half and honestly, she didn't understand why.

Who needs another being to complete them? Through the years, Sapphire had never once let herself get excited about the possibility of finding her mate. She didn't even care if she did, because she was more than certain that she would be rejected. Which male would want to be with a dark being such as herself?

She could feel her wolf stir within her at the thought of her mate rejecting her, but she quickly pushed her down and faced the crowd before her.

"I have asked for my Beta, Ryan to collect the list of the unmated wolves in the pack. He will call your names and assist you in reaching the Silvermoon pack tonight. Take note, as a female, if claimed by any of the attending males at the ceremony, you are obligated to be by your mate's side and go with him to his pack."