chapter nine

May 14th
Today, Tuesday, May 14th, I Ella Paige Johnson, am going on a plane to Australia. I'm proud of myself for not spilling the secret to Ruel. It got hard when he would talk about his upcoming shows in Australia over FaceTime, and I had to hide the smirk on my face.

Kenzie and I were currently getting our luggage out of the trunk of the Uber we just rode in. We thanked the driver, giving him a tip and headed into the airport.

We went through security, thankfully we didn't get stopped. As we went through the airport to our gate, we stopped to get a drink at Starbucks before making our way to the international area.

(A/N: I know this is probably inaccurate, but:
1. I've never been to an airport in LA
2. I've never been on a flight out of the country)

We squealed as we got our passports checked and we made our way over to the waiting area. A couple of minutes later, a blonde woman with a fake smile went over the intercom.

"Flight 1029 to Sydney, Australia is now boarding."

Kenzie and I sat up from our seats, collecting our things. We handed the lady our boarding passes and walked through the long hallway to the airplane.

We found our assigned seats, thankful because there wouldn't be a third person. I scrolled through the TV on the back of the seat in front of me.

15 hours. This is by far the longest flight I've ever been on. After the takeoff, Kenzie immediately fell asleep, putting her head on my shoulder.

I started to watch a couple of movies, and I felt my eyes getting heavy.

I woke up to the sound of someone saying my name. I opened my eyes a little, the harsh light blinding me temporarily.

Everyone was clearing out of the plane, and I stood up realizing that it was time to go.

When we stepped outside of the airport, we immediately called an Uber, ready to get some sleep. I texted Ruel's manager Nate on the way, letting him know that we arrived.

Tomorrow was the big day. I finally get to see my baby again.

The Uber arrived, and we put all of our stuff in the trunk, falling asleep on the way to the hotel.

When we arrived in the lobby of the nice hotel, we checked in at the front desk. On our way up to the room, Kenzie and I agreed to order room service.

The elevator dinged, telling us we were at our floor. I rubbed my eyes and made my way to the left, walking down the cold hallway to the room. I put the card to the door handle and unlocked the door.

Wow. Sydney is a beaut. Kenzie immediately went to the phone and dialed the number for room service, waiting for the other person on the line to pick up.

"Hi! Can I please get a large cheese pizza and two chocolate milkshakes. Hmmmm, and chocolate chip cookies please. Do you want anything?" Kenzie jokingly asked.

I giggled at her massive order and went to take off my makeup. We both unpacked some of our stuff, hanging up our clothes so they wouldn't get wrinkled.

After about half an hour, there was a knock at the door. Kenzie got out of bed, from where she was "taking a break".

Kenzie tipped the employee and locked the door behind her. We both got into bed and shared the food, giggling at how tired we were.

I was telling Kenzie a story when I heard light snores erupting from her lips. I threw all of the trash away and brushed my teeth.

I hopped back in bed, trying to subtly steal some blanket from Kenzie. I immediately fell asleep, ready for the day ahead of me.