Crooked Interactions

"... and then I heard screams and gasps. I couldn't open my eyes to see what had happened but then, I felt that I had to do something. I honestly thought that he was dead back then." The young lady was narrating what happened with Felix to the people in the room.

Felix was trying to learn how to walk on a single leg now that he had lost a limb. The young lady was still explaining what happened to Felix and how she found him.

Grace was crying because she was so confused. All of the things that happened were not making any sense to her. First, Felix went away. Then her mother went and didn't come back. A man then had his head burst following a shot when he was threatening to kill Brandon. The nurse tried to console her but she was crying for about an hour or so.

"We are now looking for Grace's sister and their mother." Said Officer Amanda.

"Melinda? The last time I saw her, she told me that she was going to look for Grace. She must've went to the police station." Said Jacob.

Amanda was still not comfortable with the way Jacob was poking his nose into the affairs and decided to ask him who he was.

"I'm the administrative offi..." Jacob was about to say before he got interrupted by Officer Amanda.

"I already know that. It's already boldly written on your card. Are you related to any of them here?" Amanda said while staring at him.

He looked at the Officer with a grin and said,

"I understand that you can't trust me for the moment but I know you will later."

"I really hope you will be trustworthy enough by that time." she said sarcastically.

***

Petra was on her bed feeling very dizzy and was completely weakened. She wondered what it was that she consumed. She had no memories of her drinking any alcohol. The security personnel knocked on her door and she moaned before saying enter. He entered and was saying,

"Mrs. Petra, we were having a conversation earli..." and stopped when he saw that she was half-naked and obviously looked ill so he quickly got a first-aid box and checked her temperature. The security personnel was being distracted by her stunning beauty but had to check her up to see what was wrong with her. She then suddenly lost consciousness, prompting him to pull out his talkie.

"Control room, send the medical team to the location I am. I repeat. Control room, send the medical team to the location I am. Over."

***

Melinda went back to the office with Brandon and saw that Officer Derrick was alone. She took a seat and looked anxiously at him. After a long moment of silence he said,

"I think you've had enough time to calm down, right? Officer Derrick and you are?"

"Melinda... Melinda Albertson and he's Brandon."

Brandon was still not able to say anything, not even make hand signs. The officer wrote down their names and asked,

"I received information about a certain man being shot in the head at the whereabouts of Moore's Lake." He continued.

Melinda immediately felt guilt covering her from head to toe. He raised an eyebrow and asked her where they lived. She didn't speak. 

He asked her again. She answered saying,

"52, Gift's Street, Moore's Lake"

"Okay, same place. A young boy was also foun..." he was saying before she cut in and spilled it all out.

"The man held Brandon captive with a gun when we were running down the stairs from our flat and we suddenly heard a loud bang and when we reached, the man's head was burst and ever since, Brandon couldn't talk. The woman that was sitting here was his daughter but I swear Brandon isn't capable of doing anything of such caliber."

"Wow... That came out... quite quickly." He said.

She then covered her face and started crying.

"I'm sorry but we are still investigating so I can't just prove you innocent."

He then told her that if she was telling the truth, then she had nothing to fear. She then calmed down and thanked the officer then left the office. On her way, she crossed paths with Drake, who looked at her as if he knew her, but decided to keep quiet until later.

***

David was kept in an empty room, just him and a wall clock, tied to a wooden chair. From time to time, Natasha, a waitress at the ship's restaurant brought him food and water. Miguel then came with two huge men that were also part of the secret association. They came with knives, hammers, nails, crowbars, and all sorts of tools. David instantly knew that it was going to get messy. Miguel walked closer to David and knelt, facing him with a hammer in his hand. He raised David's head and said,

"I didn't shoot you earlier because the gunshot would probably be heard and that would be inconvenient for us. But now in this room, you get to decide whether you scream helplessly until you give in or co-operate with us... until we no longer have any use for you."