Reunions and Wicked Plans

Jacob, the administrative officer was wondering what was happening with Melinda. He found it quite bizarre that the police went off with the little girl. He then remembered that Grace was seen following a stretcher. He immediately made his way to the theater room. Upon reaching, he saw that no one was there. He went to the receptionist and asked if they had discharged a patient who was brought around 11 p.m. on Tuesday. The receptionist checked the records and told him that there was a young boy who was taken to room number seventeen which is on the third floor. He quickly rushed there but was denied entry. He raised his ID card but all in vain. He then sat on the bench outside waiting for someone to enter or leave the room.

***

Melinda and Brandon got out of a cab upon reaching the police station. They went to the reception and asked if a girl, about six years of age, was brought there. The receptionist asked her the name of the girl.

"Grace! She's my little sister and I was told that she'd be here" said Melinda worriedly.

The receptionist asked Melinda to calm down and have a seat and that she would check the records and see. A few minutes passed and Brandon was still quietly sitting next to Melinda. She was then called by the receptionist and told that there was a female bearing the name Grace.

"It's her! Where is she now?" asked Melinda.

The receptionist wanted to tell her that the Grace was not the one she was looking for but Melinda was too restless. She then pointed at a corridor and said,

"Take this corridor and you will find the office there. Officer Derrick's office to be exact."

Melinda nodded and took her way there.

***

The bartender back at the ship on which Petra was, was thinking for a while about how Petra reacted. A janitor was passing by, cleaning the floor when the bartender called him closer. He asked the janitor if there were any visitors coming soon. The janitor shook his head and continued doing his job. The bartender thought for a moment and said,

"Miguel, let's have a drink."

Miguel, the janitor looked into the bartender's eyes. He moved closer to him and asked,

"What exactly do you want to know?"

The bartender served him a drink and asked him to have a seat.

"I know you are wondering how I got to know your name" said the bartender.

Miguel looked at him very closely again, trying to figure out if he knew the man elsewhere.

"The name's David" the bartender said while extending his arm for a handshake.

Miguel just nodded, ignoring his hand and asked him what he really wanted. David just said that it was nothing serious. He just wanted to know whether the boss was expecting any visitors soon or not. Miguel replied saying that there were some people coming but that he didn't know anything else. He got up to go finish his job but David intimidated him by saying,

"You wouldn't want your plans to fall apart before you even made the first step, would you?"

Miguel froze and turned, with his eyes widened, to look at the David in the eye.

***

Officer Amanda and Grace had arrived at the Central Hospital and went to the theater room where Grace claimed she saw her brother. They then went to the receptionist and asked of the boy. The receptionist told them where the boy was and they went there. While they were looking for the room, Jacob had seen them and shouted Grace's name while waving at her. They then met but the officer was curious about who he was because Grace told Amanda that she didn't know the man. Jacob then explained himself and assured them that he was only there to help. Amanda decided to let him be but was still suspicious of him.

"I've been here for several hours myself but no one entered or came out of the room" said Jacob.

Just as he said that, a nurse came and was going to enter the room where Felix was. Amanda and the rest stood up, waiting for the nurse to open the door. They barged into the room and everyone made eye contact with one another.

"Officer Amanda, I came here to check on Felix" said Amanda while showing her badge.