Atlas, Your Twin's Son

Petra was in the room with the old man and the kid. The pilot and security personnel stood by the door. She took a seat without talking. She just looked at the old man and the boy, clearly waiting for answers. The old man was angry but tried to keep his cool and gestured for the two at the door to leave.

"I'm very disappointed in you." He calmly said to her.

She sat there without saying a word. He told her that she should have patiently waited for him but she angrily replied saying,

"No! It's either you explain all of this bullshit to me or I leave this place."

He then told her that if she couldn't wait, she could go ahead and show him how she was going to escape. He then checked his watch and said,

"Atlas, why don't you go and have some fun while I have a brief meeting with some guests."

Atlas got up and walked to a passage before saying,

"Promise me you won't be late."

The old man put his hand on his chest and raised the other as if taking an oath. The boy smiled and went away. Petra glared at the old man and he said,

"Oops, I forgot to mention. That's Atlas. Your twin's son."

***

Melinda was very disappointed when she reached the office. The Grace that was in there was not the one she was looking for. They stared at each other for a moment when she entered the office and then Officer Derrick broke the silence and said,

"Young lady if you don't mind, we are having a talk at the moment so please, if you'll excuse us."

Melinda got startled and said, "Oh, sorry!" and left shutting the door behind her. She then thought for a second but couldn't remember where she knew the lady from. On her way back to the reception, a short man told her that she was being called again by Officer Derrick. A number of thoughts instantly got flushed into her brain. When she went there, the officer looked at her with a straight face but the woman was looking at the floor.

"I would like you to meet me in this office after thirty minutes." said the officer.

"Did anything happen officer?" asked Melinda.

He stared at her with the same blank face and asked her to look at the woman sitting there.

"Do you know her?" asked the officer.

Melinda carefully looked at her and hesitated at first but then shook her head in denial. The woman raised her head and looked at Melinda with heavy tears falling from her eyes saying,

"How... how could you deny it? After... after... after..." and burst into more tears.

Melinda was soon trembling and left the room, slamming the door behind her.

***

Late in the night, a discussion was going on among a few members of staff in a secret hideout in the ship. Miguel followed by David entered the place and it went dead-silent.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome our latest member, David."

David raised his hand but dropped it when no one said anything. It wasn't the response he expected. He then noticed that they were all armed with guns and that they were not quite enthusiastic about the idea of having a new member. He turned to Miguel and whispered,

"Say something or else they are going to blow!"

Miguel shrugged and took a few steps forward and said,

"This gentleman here threatened me... or should I say, threatened all of us by saying that he would spill all of the information he has on our plans."

Clicks of guns being loaded could be heard and soon David was being pointed at. He raised both of his arms in the air. Miguel then pulled a gun from his trousers and pointed it to the side of David's head, pushing him aback. David's face got reddened and his heart was beating a million times each millisecond.

"So now, tell me what you know or I can show you how to make a bloodbath." Said Miguel with a wicked laughter.

"Oh and tell me, you wouldn't want YOUR plans to fall apart before you even made the first step, would you?