She Goes Missing

Back at their home, a tall man with heavy facial hair, wearing casual clothing held a document while knocking on the door. He shouted saying that he was sent by the landlord. He gave a series of warnings saying that he will be forced to break down the door if it was not opened. He waited but when he heard no response, he went back to bring his team of movers. 

As he went down the stairs, he met two policemen on their way to the flat with an arrest warrant. He continued on his way down the stairs and told his team that they should move on to the next house when he reached. He jumped into the car and just as they took off, the policemen got out of the house. They were about to return to the police station when a lady went to them and told them where they could find the victims of last night's incident.

                    ***

Petra was taken to her temporary room before the boss returned. She went to shower while the security personnel brought her dinner. She came out, wearing a glowing silver gown and walked to the dining table to eat. The personnel knocked and entered. He was attracted by the way she dressed but was too shy to make eye contact with her. 

She stopped eating and started asking him questions about the ship. He pretended as if he didn't hear what she said. She sighed and continued to eat but this time, with less appetite. 

He then stared at her and when she noticed, she angrily shouted "What?!" He replied saying that he was just curious about who she was and why was she brought here. 

She dropped her fork and looked at him for a while. She let out a big sigh and just as she was about to speak, the sound of a landing helicopter interrupted. 

The personnel immediately left without uttering another word. Petra later followed him to the outside to see what was happening. The old man returned with an annoyed look on his face. The security personnel hurried to the landing. The old man gestured for the personnel to follow him. They headed to the stairs closest to them and went deep down into the basement of the ship. 

Meanwhile, Petra looked around and caught a glimpse of the same boy she saw earlier. This time, she did not try to run after him. The boy then went back into hiding. Petra then slowly tip-toed to where she saw the boy and stopped next to a bar. She sat on a stool and ordered a cocktail. 

The bartender initiated a conversation while preparing the drink, making a remark that she wasn't a familiar face. She tried to avoid the question by telling him that she was one of the guests that the owner was expecting. The bartender looked at her with a puzzled face. He knew that something was off. He then said "Oh, are you one of the people from Western Clubs?" 

"Yes! Yes! Of course I am!" she replied with unrest. 

He then poured the drink in the shaker and shook it. He gave it to her and asked her where the other members were. She hurriedly took a sip of the drink and stood up, apologized, saying she had some things to take care of. The bartender raised an eyebrow to her and then shrugged and took the served drink away.

                    ***

Melinda and Brandon were walking around the hospital looking for Grace as she went missing. They asked people if by any chance they've noticed a little girl wandering around but their replies were negative. They then went to the administrative office and reported that a little girl was missing. 

A man wearing a blue shirt and a black tie with curly hair and had mustache asked them to describe the girl. Melinda told him that Grace was a little girl of 6 years of age. She had golden hair with a red ribbon on, her eyes were sky blue in color and she wore a sky blue pinafore and a dark brown leather jacket. The man thought for a bit and the told them to follow him. They entered a dark room with a wall completely filled with numerous mini televisions. 

The man sat on a chair and faced a computer. He asked her where they've last met with Grace. Melinda told him that the last time she saw Grace was before she entered the emergency consultant's office. The man clicked on his mouse a few times and the screens on the wall went black and then turned on one after the other.

There was a footage of Melinda holding Grace's hand and walking towards the consultant's office when the consultant stopped her and made eye contact with her. Melinda interrupted and asked the man if he knew who that person was. The man paused the video and replied saying that it was Dr. Collins, a consultant at the hospital and also a wicked person.

"Dr. Collins has a heart made of stone and is very greedy." said the man while clenching his fist.

The man then continued playing the footage. It could be seen that after Melinda and the consultant entered the office, Grace took off as if looking for a particular place. She then popped up on another screen as if running after a stretcher which was taken to the theater. She waited for some time outside the theater and eventually fell asleep on the metal bench.

A janitor came by cleaning the corridor and when he saw the little girl asleep, he woke her up and asked her something. She ignored him and went to take a peek through the theater's window. She probably couldn't see anything.

"I wonder what she was looking for?" Melinda said.

The man fast-forwarded the video and Grace was seen coming back to the consultant's office. She sat again on the bench facing the office. Then came two police officers to Grace and showed her a photo. She looked at them and then followed them to their car.

"Can you go back and zoom into that photo?" asked Melinda. The man looked at her, puzzled at what she was saying. He went back to when the policemen were showing Grace the photo.

"There! Now zoom in." Melinda told the man.

The man zoomed in but nothing could be made out of the photo.

"Can't you like... increase the resolution or something like that?" she asked him.

He laughed and said "No, not everything seen in movies are true." with a grin.

She obviously looked stupid there. 

"Anyway, thanks for the help." she told him.

He shrugged and told her that she needn't mention it.

Just as she held Brandon's hand to leave. She turned to him and asked him who he was.

He showed her his card and it read "Jacob Collins, Administrative Officer, Central Hospital"

"Mr. Collins? Are you related to the consultant?" she asked him.

"You better go and find your sister" he told her.

She nodded and went to look for her as soon as she left the security room.