XX

TWENTY
─────── ✩《❂》✩ ───────

"Mer, wake up." He cooed to her softly. She rubbed her eyes before sitting up. He handed her her phone that was buzzing.

"Hello?"

"Where are you? We're supposed to leave soon." Tony said quickly, irritated that she wasn't on time.

"Oh no, I forgot. I'll be there as soon as I can." She said before clicking off. She climbed out of bed and pulled on her work clothes from before. "Hey, I've gotta go."

"Is everything okay?" He asked concernedly.

"Yeah, everything's perfect." She gave him a bright smile. "I just have to go to MIT with Tony for a presentation he's giving. I've gotta head to HQ."

"Okay, be careful." He climbed out of bed, pulling his underwear on. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a few kisses. "You might wanna cover those up."

She rushed into the bathroom and looked at her neck in the mirror. "Steve!"

"What?" He gave her a smug look as he leaned on the door frame.

"We're not kids." She groaned.

"You loved them last night." He teased. She gave him a look, but he was right. She grabbed her makeup and began to cover them up. He walked her out to her car after putting some clothes on.

"I'll see you soon. I love you." She kissed him quickly.

"I love you. Call me when you get there." He called after her. She drove off and he went back inside. When she made it to HQ, she was just in time to board their private jet.

"You and Steve have fun?" Tony teased her as he wiggled his eyebrows. "Vision told me."

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes before taking a nap. She woke up just before they arrived, putting on some makeup and fixing her hair. She wore fitted black pants and a long-sleeved, blue and white striped, button up shirt tucked in with a pair of pointed black heels. For once, she decided to go with red lipstick. It didn't take long for them to arrive. Meredith had no idea what the presentation was about, but Tony had asked her to be there, so she was. She watched from the side stage.

"Try to remember the kind of September. When grass was green." She watched as their mother played piano. It was incredible how real it looked. It brought tears to her eyes as she recognized this to be the last time she and Tony ever saw their parents alive. "Wake up, dear. Say goodbye to your father."

"Who's the homeless person on the couch?" Their father asked as he pulled the blanket off Tony. He was wearing a Santa hat.

"This is why I love coming home for Christmas right before you leave town." Tony pointed at him. A 13-year-old Meredith was sitting next to their mother as she played piano.

"Be nice, dear. He's been studying abroad." Their mother scolded.

"Really? Which broad? What's her name?" Their father asked sternly. He was always cold like that.

"Candice." Tony muttered out.

"Do me a favor. Try not to burn the house down before Monday. Take care of your sister." He ordered.

"Okay, so it's Monday? That is good to know. I will plan my toga party accordingly." Tony said sarcastically as he stepped around the piano. He gave Meredith's head a rub as he walked by, messing up her hair. She hit his hand away, and he shot her an amused grin. "Where ya going?"

"Your father's flying us to the Bahamas for a little get away." Their mother answered.

"We might have to make a quick stop." Their father began.