Kollie-First Kiss

once again fanart creds to your truly :)) with the help of some lineart of course :))

KAYLA

"....announcing the guests of honor, Gillian Cobbler, Jaxon Porter..."

Kayla looked down at where Ollie had linked his arm through hers. "Ready?"

Kayla let out a breath. "Sure."

"...Harlow, Kayla Wingtip, and Ollie Funklehouse!" 

Ollie and Kayla walked through the palace doors behind their friends. Another party as the guests of honor-every other month, it seemed, what with Jax's title and Gilly's heroics. Though they were expected to be proper, elegant examples of heroes, they certainly never acted like it. Jax had never cared about maintaining a spotless royal appearance, so the group usually ended up partying to the fullest.

Jax and Gilly led the group onto the dance floor, where they first bowed to the royal court. Jax looked at his older sister, who shook her head, smiling. 

Gilly twisted her hips and the group cheered, dancing as one.

_____________________________________________

Two hours of dancing was enough to wear anyone out. The group became quickly exhausted and headed over to find a place to sit. 

When they reached a back wall lined with pink satin chairs, Kayla looked behind her to see where Ollie was sitting. But he was gone.

"Guys, where did Ollie go?"

"Not sure." Jax said, settling in beside Gilly. "The desert table, knowing him."

"But I looked and he isn't there."

Jax's frowning eyes followed the direction of the food. "You're right. Where else would he go?"

"Chill, he likes to explore." Gilly rolled her eyes. "He'll be fine." 

Kayla wasn't so sure. Nearly ever villain in Enchantasia would love to get their hands on one of Gilly Cobbler's allies, and Kayla panicked when any of her friends went missing. "I'm gonna go look for him."

___________________________________________

Ollie was standing in the corridor closest to the ballroom doors, seemingly examining a painting of the royal court and Olivina. "What's up?" he asked calmly.

"Oh, um, nothing." Kayla muttered, suddenly embarrassed. "I just wanted to make sure you weren't, um, kidnapped or something."

Ollie turned around to face her, eyes twinkling. "Didn't think I could handle myself?"

"Oh no, not that!" Kayla corrected hurriedly. "I just...wanted to make sure you were, um, safe." Her voice got quieter with each word.

"Oh." he said, his smirk fading, becoming contemplative. "Well, that's nice of you."

Kayla swallowed. "So what are you doing?"

Ollie's tan skin blushed pinker. "Actually, I was waiting for you."

Kayla blinked curiously. "What?"

"Wanted to get away from the crowds for a while. Wanna come with?"

Stuffing down her nerves, Kayla said, "Sure."

Ollie and Kayla walked down the darkened corridor, staring at the cracks in the marble floor beneath them. Ollie had his hands in his pockets. They strolled slowly in comfortable silence for some time, Kayla searching her brain for something of value to say. 

Eventually, sweet strains of violin and cello echoed through the hall again. The dancing was starting up again at the ball. Kayla glanced at Ollie.

With a teasing smile, he swept into a bow before her. Kayla curtseyed, giggling. They rose, Ollie taking her form in the waltz position Madame Cleo taught them. And the music commenced. 

Spinning around the hall, twirling her aound, Ollie's steps never once faltered. Kayla beamed and laughed as he dipped her, gliding across the glistening white expanse of the castle. 

After what felt like only moments, the blissful music slowed. Kayla spun out of Ollie's arms, twirling back inside their warm circle just as the melody's final note sang through her ears. 

Neither moved.

Ollie's ragged breathing matched her own. As always, he smelled of caramel and sea salt, his suit a deep navy. And all Kayla could think of was how very handsome he looked.

However, after a few silent minutes, Ollie stepped away sheepishly. "We should-we should go. We don't want to be late for Jax's-"

Kayla surged forward and kissed him. Ollie froze, eyes wide with surprise. But moments passed and he returned the gesture with doubled force. Ollie pressed his hands to Kayla's hips and she tightened her grip on his waist. She could feel his lips burning hers. His mouth was trying to form a smile, kissing her all the while.

Too soon, Ollie released her with a shaky inhale. She backed away just enough to study his face. Wonder and awe were quickly replaced with the most sincere smile she'd ever seen on him.

"Not bad," he grinned, "for a first kiss."

Kayla didn't reply. She was too busy capturing his lips a second time. Ollie was quick to multiply the effort. And her heart was ablaze.

Knowing it was the second time.