Chapter 1- Enticed

Gabrielle.

I smiled occasionally, as my best friend Carigan went on and on about a guy she met at the beach yesterday night. I was happy for her, but it gets boring hearing someone always ramble about new lovers in their life. Plus it was no secret that she could attract many guys with her all-american blonde hair and blue eyes. Not saying she's whorish, but her ways are. She's just to easily manipulated into love. Worst off all, with all of her experience, I haven't had a single boyfriend.

"That's cool, Care." I said with a smile, before continuing. "Let's go get some lunch." I said, grabbing my keys & walking out of her house, and to my car as she followed.

///(BY THE WAY, GABRIELLE AT THE TOP.)

"$17.07, please." The woman working the Panda Express register said as I paid for our food.

"Thanks Gabi." She said to me as she grabbed the bag and we exited.

"No problemo." I said, as soon as I opened the door a wonderful scent hit me. "Carrie, do you smell that? It smells amazing." I said, inhaling deeply, the intoxicating smell practically overtaking my senses.

"I know, the food smells fantastic." She said with a smile and slight nod. I just nodded as well, figuring it didn't really smell like the Asian cuisine.

"Well I'll have to drop you off, because I have to go to work in 20 minutes." I told her as I started the car and she nodded.

///

I pulled into the parking lot of my job and resumed my usual parking space before getting out, locking my car, and entering Target in my full work attire. After clocking in I began restocking a few shelves in the hygiene aisle near the $1 racks. As I busied myself the enticing smell from earlier returned.