Chapter 5- Envied

Gabrielle.

About a week and a half passed, and today is the day that I begin Luna training. The bad part about that is its at Ms.Melissa's house. I have absolutely nothing against her, or Natalia, however its clear that Natalia has something against me. I haven't done anything to make her dislike me, but if she gives me crap today I won't just give her the benefit of the doubt like usual.

I finished getting dressed, and decided to leave my hair in its natural curls today, adding moisturizer and a light amount of holding spray. I stood in front of the bathroom mirror and took a final look at my outfit. A magenta cardigan over a white v-neck paired with some light wash jeans, a gold necklace and finally my all white vans sk8-hi's.

" Are you ready to go yet, Gabi?" I opened the bathroom door to find Daniel on the other side.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I smiled at him as I grabbed my light brown, leather crossbody purse and putting it over my shoulder gently

Daniel's eyes roamed me briefly before they met mine. He smirked, and snaked an arm around my waist as we left his parents house, them and his siblings being no where to be found,

"Where are your parents?" I asked as we stepped out into the morning sun, a cool breeze flowing past at the same time.

"The had some breakfast meeting to attend." He shrugged, unlocking his car, and opening my door before getting in on the drivers side. I watched him as he did so, all but drooling as I noticed how well his black shirt and khaki pants accented his toned body.

"Take a picture, It'll last longer." He said with a chuckle as he got into the car.

"Shutup!" I said slapping his arm as he buckled in and began pulling out of the driveway.

///

No matter how much I told Daniel he didn't have to stay, he insisted. Honestly, I was just nervous to screw something up in front of him.

"You don't have to babysit me Daniel. I am a big girl ya know.." I said as we pulled up to Theresa's house.

"I'm not babysitting you, I'm just accompanying you. I'm supporting you." He said, cutting off the engine, intertwining our fingers and placing a kiss on the back of my hand.

"Ok." I said with a roll of my eyes. But, if I screw up and you make fun of me. I swear." I said, in all seriousness to which he chuckled,

"I wont. I promise." He said releasing my hand as we both got out of the car, him locking the doors behind us.

///

Everything was going smooth, and we were just going over proper etiquette in certain situations, however with Daniel in the room, it was hard to focus. Not because of nervousness at this point, just because he was so distracting, everything about him.

"May I use your restroom?" I asked her and she nodded, pointing me to where it was.

'Here comes the hostility' Alina said to me, catching me completely off guard as I trotted up stairs.

What? I responded internally, which is pretty much just thinking.

'You'll see.' was all she said as i found the bathroom as well as Natalia exiting it. She stood there looking at me, and if eyes could kill I would have been brutally murdered. As I'd had enough, I finally decided to say something.

"What's your problem?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest in irritance.

"My problem? My problem is you. You ruined everything. Daniel was mine first." I scoffed at her ignorance.

"Really, thats what all of this is about?" I said while rolling my eyes. "Do you think I asked for any of this? If you weren't mated to him you can't blame me. Hell, I didn't even know Daniel until he found me. I hate to break it to you, but you're done now so I'm going to have to ask you to get over it and back the hell off." I said raising my voice a little as I finished my statement.

" You know what, I bet he doesn't even like you. He's probably only putting up with you because he has to. Daniel doesn't even like girls like you." She said, immediately setting me off.

"Girl's like me? Please tell you what you mean by that Natalie." I said, my hands now on my hips.

"Black. Girls." She said, narrowing her eyes at me.

I lunged at her, my face hot with anger until I was grabbed back. I recognized the arms that wrapped around my stomach as Daniel's.

"You are so damn lucky. I swear you to fucking-." That was all I could get out, as my anger reached a point of which I couldn't even put it into words, plus Daniel cut me off.

"What the hell Nat? Why are you still doing this?" Daniel said as he held me to the side. I almost attempted to walk out of the house, until I noticed Natalia's mother, Melissa standing at the bottom of the stairs, along with some black man, who I assumed was her mate/husband.

I shook my head at Natalia, because her dad, maybe stepdad because she doesnt look mixed a lick, is black and she had the nerve to point out the fact that I am.

Natalia rolled her eyes and went into her room, slamming the door behind her. I just let out a frustrated sigh.

///

After Melissa talked to Natalia, she came back downstairs where Daniel, and I were seated.

"Sorry about that, you guys." She began, as she entered the room. "By the way, this is my husband, Thomas." She said, referring to the black guy who showed up during my altercation with Natalia, and has been giving me a really odd look ever since.

"Nice to meet you." I said offering a brief smile, as his occasional deep stare has been making me extremely uncomfortable.

"Likewise. Melissa, I have to go make a phone call," He said, giving me that look a final time as he exited the room

"Well, I think your lessons are concluded for the day." She said with an awkward laugh tagged at the end.

"Yeah, same time next week?" I respond to her as I stand, Daniel doing so aswell.

"Yeah, But I think It would be better if we did it at your house, or Daniel's. Just because, you know. My daughters jealousy." She says to which I just nod, being that I didn't want to make anymore negative first impressions on people.

"Thanks Ms.Melissa." I say after nodding in response to her previous suggestion.

///

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

Hey loves! Did you enjoy the chapter, I've already began writing the new one and that should be up by Sunday. Are you guys liking the story so far? I really hope so ;D, anyways PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment, and vote! I really appreciate it. Stay tuned for the next chappie! Thomas in the picture!

What do you think about Natalia so far?

What did Daniel mean when he said 'Still doing this'?

Why in the world was Thomas (Melissa's husband & Natalia's stepdad) being captain creepy face?