Prologue

Gabrielle.

I sat on my bed with tears streaming down my face. Today was the 3rd grade 'Bring Your Father To School Day', and I was one of the few kids there with only a mother to fill the role.

My mother, Simone, entered my bedroom and placed her hands on my shoulders as she squatted down in front of me, looking me deep in the eyes.

"Why don't I have a daddy that loves me?!" I cried out to her, pretty sure that she was the one with the answers my 8 year old mind was seeking

"Babygirl, you have to understand, your dad loves you very much, its just things don't always work as we want them to." My mother said with tears brimming her eyes as she continued, "When you get older I'll explain everything and you'll get it." She finished with a nod, wiping the tears that threatened to spill over.

I nodded at her words. I understood what she meant, but for the most part I was still very confused.

"Now c'mon, lets go get dinner." She said with a smile dominating her face. Knowing she was taking me to get my favorite, Subway, all worries slipped from my mind.

**

A/N; Sorry that was pretty, short but I needed to post somet thing. My 1 year old holland lop rabbit died today, so I'm not a very happy camper right now. Also, the story will be in mostly Gabrielle's POV, just so you know..

-(\(0-0)/) T