Chapter 2- Confused

Daniel.

I closed my eyes as I inhaled, I was indulged in scent that I came across for the second time today. I open my eyes again as Laura, a friend, calls me over to the food aisle to help her with something.

Laura and I met through a mutual friend, and though its not very nice, I only keep her around to fill the temporary void my mate would hopefully, someday occupy.

However, we aren't dating. She's too picky for me and she has her snobby moments.

I find her and smile gently, though I couldn't exactly focus with the scent distracting me. I stuff my hands in my pockets as she holds up two boxes of popcorn.

"Which one?" She asks. This confuses me because they only differ in brand. One being Jiffy and the other being Orville Redenbacher. I screw my eyes together as I think for a moment.

"I don't know. Jiffy?" I say very unsure of my own answer.

"Nah, I'll get Orville." She says nonchalantly, putting the Jiffy back.

As we stand in the check out line, the scent is all I can think of, causing me to zone out of Laura's voice, I then look to my left at a wall of $1 items.

'Go there.' My inner wolf, Caleb, demanded.

"I'll be back in a second." I say to Laura, walking off. As I turned the corner I locked eyes with a beautiful girl with skin the color of Hershey. I felt it. That connection I had been looking for all along.

'We've found her!' My wolf screamed, and in a matter of seconds I was right in front of her, my hands cupping her face as I leaned in waiting to meet her lips.

(End of POV)
[Daniel in the photo]

Gabrielle.

I shove him away in utter confusion. I don't even know him, even though for some strange reason I feel like I do, or at least should.

'What's your problem?' I hear a voice say in my head, however it wasn't a thought that came from me, and he couldn't have said it being that the voice sounded like a woman and he is as quiet as a church mouse.

"What's going on?" I ask him and he looks at me, not understanding until he comes to the realization that I really don't know what was happening.

**
A/N; So here's chapter 2. chapter 3 may come today as well. I hope you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote and comment
-t