~Chapter Nineteen~

I woke up to an empty bed, an trace of Billy once being here was gone. I fall back into my pillow running my hand across my face.

My thoughts ran wild. "Maybe he's using me again.....maybe he likes playing with my emotions". I slowly walked to the bathroom when I heard his car. I ran back to the window to see the blue Camaro pull into my driveway.

I proceeded to run down the stairs and put the front door. Still wearing just the Billy's T-shirt.

"Hey sorry I should have left a note or something. I dropped Max off at school" Billy said rubbing his neck.

It was almost the end of November and few days away from Thanksgiving, the air in Indiana was beginning to transition from Fall to Winter.

Billy and I walked back into my house, sitting on the couch.

"You know I had some time to think about things, uh, us on my way back here. We are so untraditional in many ways and I know we only had one proper date but I, uh, just-" Billy began, his tongue becoming tied towards the end.

"Spit it out" I joked playfully hitting his on the chest.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Billy quickly spat out. I was caught off guard by the question, Billy didn't seem like the type to want a girlfriend.

Without saying a word, I jumped onto his lap giving him a kiss on the lips. His hands fell to my lower back just above my butt. Billy not wanting the kiss to end, grabbed my face pushing it closer to his as I pulled away.

"So what's your plans for Thanksgiving?" I asked using this opportunity to get some air.

"Eh, Susan's gonna cook, and my dad's gonna bitch and complain that I don't enough"

"Come have Thanksgiving with me...my dad always makes too much for just us. You can bring Max too if you want" I said "that is if my dad isn't mad at me still"

"Oh his not...but he did give me a sit down talk this morning at the dining room table" Billy laughed.

"What? Were you just not going to tell me?" I asked jumping off his lap.

"Well he came to your room to apologize this morning and almost freaked the fuck out on me when he saw I was in your bed... I'm surprised you slept through it. He then told me to meet him downstairs. He just gave me a "scary" talk about how if I knock you up I have to marry you and if I break your heart I'm dead" Billy said. I stood there stunned, my previous boyfriend my dad never once got involved.

I wonder if it was the fact that Billy looked every boy dad's hate for dating their daughters.

"Just act like I didn't tell you... he wants this to be our little secret" Billy said. I shook my head.
———
Thanksgiving Day:
A knock came from the door. I hurried from the kitchen to the door swiftly opening it.

"Hey" I said giving a quick kiss to Billy. He was dressed in a typical button down with just a few more buttons done than usual.

"I bought some pie...well Susan baked it but she told me to bring it" Billy said with a pie a in hand. I grabbed the pie placing it in one hand and the other wrapping around Billy's waist.

"Dad this is Billy.. Billy this is my dad" I said with a light smile. I knew the two had officially met but I had to pretend like I didn't know.

"Hi Billy, call me Dan" my dad said as he stuck his hand out and shook his head.

"It's nice to meet you sir" Billy said. After the two exchanged greetings Billy and I placed all the sides on the table and sat down. My dad brought out a golden brown turkey. It was so big it could probably feed the whole street.

"To our first thanksgiving in Hawkins" my dad said raising the knife and craving the turkey. I smiled as Billy's hand was placed on my thigh.

"Okay dig in" my dad said. We began to pass bowls and plates around.

From the outside looking in, we seemed like any suburban family celebrating Thanksgiving, but what we didn't know was the secrets this town had.