Little Notes

Sunlight streamed into the room from the parted windows. It was the evening and the sun was gradually going down already, sending a warm goodbye to everyone in the city.

Breathe deep, breathe clear,

Know that I'm here, know that I'm here,

Waiting...

"Heart Like Yours" started playing softly from my small stereo, filling the room with sound and seemingly mixing with the sunlight in nostalgic tones. I turned to my drawer with a feeling pulling me in. I take out a relatively small clear box with a pink lid. It had "100 Positive Things" scribbled out in cute neat handwriting with pink accents surrounding it. I popped off the lid of it, dumped the messages into my hand, and plopped down onto my grey sheeted bed.

Stay strong, stay gold

You don't have to fear, you don't have to fear,

Waiting...

I slowly read each and every one of them even though I've read them hundreds of times.

I'll see you soon, I'll see you soon,

Now that I think about it, I'll actually see her soon. It was almost the end of summer break and fall was ready to roll around. The idea of seeing her face again spread a slight smile on my face. I started flipping through the tiny notes.

How could a heart like yours ever love a heart like mine?

How could I live before?

How could I have been so blind?

You calm people down.

You are amazing.

You are thoughtful.

You opened up my eyes,

Sleep sound, sleep tight.

Your laugh is so p u r e ? ?

You will get through this, just like you always do.

You give good hugs :)

Here in my mind, here in my mind,

Waiting,

Come close, my dear.

I like how I can trust you with anything.

I like how you notice the little things.

I like how you always know how to comfort me when I'm upset.

You don't have to fear, you don't have to fear,

Waiting,

I'll see you soon, I'll see you soon,

I like that I can be myself around you.

I like how you don't let people walk over you.

I like how passionate you are.

How could a heart like yours ever love a heart like mine?

How could I live before?

How could I have been so blind?

Rainbows after it rains.

Seeing someone smile about something you said.

Everything happens for a reason.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Daily reminder: You are enough.

You opened up my eyes,

Hold fast hope,

All your love is all I've ever known,

"We should take a moment and hold it and know that life has a hopeful undertone."

"It's nine in the afternoon, and your eyes are the size of the moon."

"If you're one of them then you're one of me. And you'd do almost anything just to be free."

"The bad news is that time flies, the good news is that you're the pilot."

Hold fast hope,

All your love is all I've ever known,

How could a heart like yours ever love a heart like mine?

You are adorable.

You are a beautiful person inside and out.

I like your smile.

I like how you see some things the same way I do.

Even when I'm annoyed by everyone else, I still want to be around you.

"It ain't the speakers that bump hearts. It's our hearts that make the beat."

"It's better to be born than to fade away."

You matter.

When I reached the end, the song had ended long ago and the tears were slowly making their way down my reddened cheeks. Her words created a hologram that wrapped their arms around me softly. I felt a warmth not from her ghost, but from her words. Words that I wanted to echo back to her because she needed to hear them too.

She needed to hear them too.

I picked up my phone again, I haven't talked to her in a while. I pulled up my contacts and searched for her name. I tapped on her icon and stared at the screen while the dial tone played.

Calling Trixie 🌸. . .

~~~

a/n - Written from a real experience, modified to fit Trixya. I know I haven't been the most active writer or the best writer, but I wonder if there's still people reading this. If you see this, mind popping a "Hello" or "Hi" in the comments?