Chapter three

"Hello, you must be new to the dorm, my name is Alfred, and this is my roommate Ivan." The students from across the hall came to introduce themselves to us. "Well?" Alfred asked nervously. "Ah, it is .... happy knowing you?" I asked, confused as I tried to say it in English, but they both looked at me uncomfortably. Great! I screwed it up!!! "My name is Francis," I smiled, and they looked as if they could not understand me through my heavy accent. "He can't speak English well, idiots." Arthur came out of nowhere and glared at them as if stopping them from giving me faces for not being able to speak correctly.

"No worries," Alfred said, laughing nervously. "What do you speak normally?" Alfred asked. "French," I explained, making the nod. "Nice! A Frenchie! I am from America, and I have heard some things about French people," Alfred laughed, making Arthur glare at him again to stop laughing. Arthur was spouting insults at me not too long ago, and now he wants to be glaring at people who laugh at my accent. Wow, unbelievable. He needs to make up his mind. "Like what?" Arthur asked, glaring some more. This made Alfred tense up a bit and look away nervously.

"That they drink and drive, of course," Ivan laughed, making Alfred look at him quickly. "Ahhhh, haha, Yes," I laughed, nodding. I did know what that meant, actually. "Drunk driving dumb ass," Arthur repeated to me in French, making my eyes widen. "Oh? That is a myth," I answered, laughing. "What did he say?" Alfred asked nervously. "That is a myth," Arthur answered, crossing his arms and looking at him. "Well, it was nice meeting you, dudes," Alfred choked out, wiping some sweat away.

I guess Arthur was too intimidating for them. I could bet anyone that Arthur is actually a softy on the inside. I just need to figure out some ways to get through to him. That is it! My new challenge is to make this serious Brit smile for once and let loose. He looks like he could use it. I evilly smiled at him, and everyone noticed. "What now?" Arthur asked, looking at me. "Nothing," I said in English. Soon enough, Alfred burst into laughter.

"What are you laughing at?" Ivan asked. "He sounded funny saying that," Alfred continued to laugh like a child. "I am sorry, but how many languages do you know? I am sure none, so stop laughing at someone else who is still learning a new one. He is trying to communicate with us. If he wanted, he could have just spoken French the whole time, but he is trying," Arthur defended angrily, making the both of them shut up.

"Right.... sorry, we should go now, right? Ivan?"Alfred said nervously, nudging his roommate. Ivan nodded and followed behind Alfred to go back to their dorm room. Arthur was furious. "Why did you do that?" I asked, confused. I closed the door behind us as Arthur trudged to his bed and threw himself on top of it, face down, groaning. "It pisses me off seeing other people laugh at how people have broken language; it is not fair."

Arthur looked up at me, and I jumped at his heavy glare. "We were just insulting each other not too long ago though" I said nervously, and he rolled his eyes. "Are you the type to take things up the arse?" He asked, crossing his arms. "Nope," I laughed at his humor. Although he was a bit sarcastic and rude, I still kind of liked him a bit. I am determined to see him smile and laugh.

"What is your favorite thing to do for fun?" I asked, smiling innocently, and he looked up at me with a lifted brow. "To not listen to you, of course," he smirked cunningly. "Wow, That was hilarious; I am sure you are proud," I laughed at him. Arthur let out a tsk noise and looked away. "Needlepoint" was all he answered before laying on his bed under the covers.

"Arthur, you are very attractive when you do that," I said, and his head shot to me quickly. "How dare you," he said, turning red. Ahhh, I got a reaction out of him. A very cute reaction too. I knew he had a soft side. "How dare I say you are attractive?" I asked, laughing in accomplishment. "More like, how dare you think you can say that and get away with it," he smirked another grin.

"I thought I was getting away with it already? Unless you have something planned? Ehhh, eyebrows?" I smiled widely as he threw the blanket covers off of himself and jumped up from the bed, pointing a finger at me. "I will get you back when you least expect it; you better watch your back," he said, determined, making me nod. The only thing he will do is throw a nasty insult at me.

"Alright then, Arthur, if you say so, who am I to stop such flirtatious moves? Is that not right?" I asked, seeing him shake in anger as he tried to hold a blush back. "What about this is flirtatious?" He asked, pulling his hand down in a fist. "Your body language, Arthur, it says it all" I continued to get a rise out of him. God, it was so cute seeing him get this way.

"My body language says none of the sorts," he said in English as he sat back on his bed, crossing his arms like a pouting child. Yet, he says I am the soft one. "If you say so, I will be waiting for you to get me back," I looked back at him, winking. Arthur clenched his fist as he started to look like a tomato. "Whatever." He shoved his face in his pillow, so he could look away from me. An interesting Brit to be stuck with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far❤️