Chapter fifteen

"Ahhh, What happened last night?" Arthur asked getting up from the bed slowly. "Well, you got drunk and won the race," I explained putting down my book. "Seriously?!" He asked, surprised and I nodded. "Here," I smiled at him, giving him some medicine. "Thank you" he added sitting up straight. "Did I win anything at least?" He asked in a joking way. I then remembered what Antonio and Gilbert said and I shook my head. "Nothing too important," I said nervously. Who knows how he would react if I told him what it really was? "What? Now you have to tell me what it was."

"I do not know if I should," I laughed standing up to get my things together for class. "Hey, do not do that! Tell me!" He stood up quickly walking toward me. "My dear, it will piss you off," I explained, making him a glare. "Do not call me your dear, and I am sure I will handle it," He put his hands on his hips. "Fine" I groaned taking a seat. "The so-called prize was for me to kiss you on the cheek..... crazy, right?" I asked nervously, looking up at him. His face was still as it slowly turned red.

"Did you?"
"Kiss you? No, we were both drunk."
"Oh, I see..."
"Yes, I have more respect for you than that, Arthur," I looked at him crossing my arms. "You.... do?" He asked, surprised I nodded. "Well... I am not drunk now," he looked down. NO WAY!!! He was blushing like blushing blushing. Embarrassed and blushing, and it was cute!! "What?" I asked, confused. Did he just ask me to kiss his cheek? "You heard me!!!" He yelled nervously. "If you want to...." he added, looking up to me, then looking away to a nearby wall.

I stood up from some kind of instinct and walked closer to him. "If you say so," I smiled, holding his left cheek in my hand. It was so soft, just like I thought his skin would be. I think I am actually in heaven right now. "With pleasure," I added, bringing my lips closer to his face, planting a gentle kiss. "It is good that you did it while I was sober," he looked me into my eyes. Arthur's striking green eyes were better up closer. "What is it?" Arthur asked, confused. "Nothing...." I said nervously, trying to pull away from how close I was.

"I should .... pull away," I said, not pulling away. It was like his eyes kept pulling me in. "Yes..." he said, too, also not pulling away. We were just standing close to each other, staring into each other's eyes. Was I being creepy, maybe? I should separate, but I just can not seem to do that. "You have nice eyes," I added, and he smiled, nodding. "You do too; that is probably your only best quality," he joked, smirking. "Ahhh, but I can name several amazing qualities for you, qualities that I think are the best. That I like so much," I started touching some of his hair.

"Oh really?" He asked, placing his hand in my hair very gently. "For starters, your sense of humor is maniacal but funny, and I really like that," I laughed at him. "Very funny," he rolled his eyes, starting to pull away, but I pulled him closer to me. I have no idea what suddenly came over me. "I am not finished..... your laugh is the most angelic sound I have ever heard in my life, the way you put your hands on your hips drives me crazy, and when you roll your eyes, annoyed, I can not help but try and get you more annoyed, so I could see you do it one more. Because you are so damn cute," I continued looking into his eyes.

"Hey, wait for a second," he tried to stop me as his face turned red, but I shook my head. " your hair is the softest in the world, your skin is so smooth and lovely... I just want to... I want to rub my hands all over it," I added, seeing his eyes widen. "Hey! That is inappropriate!" He said, shocked. "I love how you get excited watching Peter Pan, and I love the way you hold your stuffed animals at night even though you deny that you do."

"Wait!!! Love?" He asked, confused as I smiled. " I lo-." I cut myself off, realizing what I was about to say. What am I doing?!!! I should not be doing this... I am confused. "Sorry..." I apologized pulling away from him. "What?" He asked, confused, but I put my bag over my shoulder and rushed to get my shoes on. "I overstepped; sorry about that," I tried to explain nervously.

"Wait, Francis!" He called, but I shook my head, hurrying for the door. I am confused right now, I have no idea what my feelings are; I can not just be jumping into these things; I could have been making him very uncomfortable. I slapped my forehead as I started to walk to my class. I need to talk to Antonio and Gilbert about this. I breathed out profoundly, closing my eyes. It is probably me being confused after a very long night; I am sure they will help me try and figure this out.

~

Once I arrived at the class, Antonio and Gilbert were excited to see me. "Hey," I smiled, sitting beside them. "What is wrong?"Antonio asked, making me jump. "How did you-?" I started, "We know everything" Antonio laughed. "Well... I do not understand how I feel about Arthur, and I need help," I said quickly. "What a loser!" Gilbert laughed at me as I rolled my eyes. "We were wondering when you would ask," Antonio smiled proudly. "We can talk more about this later," he winked at me. What the hell? I am actually frightened now. I nodded at Antonio and brought my stuff out to get ready for the class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far ❤️