Chapter eleven

"What is wrong with you?" Arthur looked at me, confused as I sat in a slump. "Oh, nothing really," I laughed, looking away. "Well, you wanted to get food right? Let's go," He smiled, putting his bag down. Why did his smile make my heart melt so much? "Okay" I answered standing up to follow him out the door. We walked down the hall and he put his hands in his pockets breathing out. "What were you up to?" He asked interested. "Nothing really, Hey, have you ever had a crush on someone? Like you saw them romantically?" I asked, and his face turned red quickly.

"Why would you ask that?" He said nervously looking forward. "I just wanted to know how you felt about it or how you knew you liked them. Because I am trying to work through some things, I guess" I laughed out defeated. "You like someone?" He asked seriously, and I shrugged. "I have no idea," I admitted laughing. "Well... I guess it would feel like. You really like them, right? As if your heart melts every time you see them happy or smiling. I do not know?! What am I a love expert?" He glared as I dropped my jaw from what he said.

"What is it?" He asked, confused. "Your heart would melt seeing them smile!" I pointed out, and he nodded, slowly confused. That is how I feel, but I am still confused. I need more than that. "What about it?" He asked, and I started laughing. "Oh, nothing," I said as we walked out of the dorm building. "What do you want to eat?" I asked,  "How about pizza," he suggested, and I nodded as we started walking toward an eatery by the campus.

"So, how would you know?" He looked at me as we continued to walk. "Well, I would think about the person every day or get happy seeing them. I would always want to be around them...." I said slowly, looking to Arthur, who was a bit confused. "Seems like you might have answered your question," he smiled at me a bit. "Yes, I suppose I did," I smiled, looking back at him. "Do you like anyone right now?" I asked, seeing his face turn red again. "That is none of your business," he looked away, annoyed. "You probably do, don't worry, your secret is safe with me," I smiled at him.

~

Once we ordered a pizza, we sat in a booth drinking soda and laughing a lot. " so when you were younger, people thought you were a girl?" Arthur laughed, drinking his soda. "Yes, in primary school, guys would hit on me," I laughed and explained as he grinned, shaking his head. "Well I am sure you enjoyed it a lot," he laughed as the waiter brought our food. "So, do you have siblings?" I asked, placing my chin on my palm to look at him. "Yes, three older brothers who I do not really talk to. We just are not close," he shrugged. "What about you?" He asked, copying my position. "I do, actually. A younger sister, Lucille. She is the sweetest person in the world" I smiled happily. I missed her so much.

"She sounds nice" he smiled at me. We started to eat some food, enjoying each other's company. I did not want this to end ever. "I feel like you probably were in a lot of relationships with girls in high school," Arthur looked at me, laughing as he drank some soda. "Wow, well, if I will be honest. I was never in a relationship, nor did I "fool" around either. I guess none of the students there really caught my eye," I thought. "Students? Boys and girls?" He asked, confused. That is when I realized. Arthur has no idea I preferred dating men as well.

"Yes, I like both. Is that a problem?" I asked him seriously, and he smiled, shaking his head. "Not at all. Just try not to fall in love with me," he laughed, tapping my shoulder softly. "I'll try not to," I whispered away from him. "What was that?" He asked, confused. "Nothing," I laughed. I looked over at him, and his face looked as if he was relieved. "Are you okay?" I asked, and he turned to me smiling. "I am great, actually."

"Honestly, I am a bit glad we are roommates; you are really fun," he looked at me sweetly. Ahhhh, that smile that melts my heart. He is so cute.... I want .... I think I might actually want to kiss him. "I feel the same. It has been very exciting," I added happily, eating some pizza. I looked at him smiling. How do I even consider myself having a crush on him? I need more signs, don't I? Plus, it is too early; I only met him a month ago. It has only been a month. That is too early to have a crush, right?

"Are you okay?"He looked at me, concerned. "Yes, you see, there is this person who I have confused feelings about.  They are unbelievably annoying and careless, and sometimes also incredibly dumb, but I seem to like them a lot; my heart won't stop beating so much in their presence, and I think about them all the time." I laughed thinking about Arthur. "What? Why would you like someone who is annoying and all of that other stuff? That is kind of dumb" he lifted a brow.

"I do not know, but they make me feel a certain way that I can not even explain myself. What do I do?" I asked him innocently. "I see..... hmmm, maybe try getting closer to them, get to know them now to make sure that is what you want?" He asked, confused. "That is a perfect idea," I smiled, staring at him again. I am sure by now, and he realized my stare meant a lot more than just a simple look based on the blush on his cheeks as he tried to look away to drink his soda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far ❤️