fourteen

daniel and the rest of the boys were sitting in the hospital waiting room. they were rushed there after jonah passed out.

"family of mr. marais?" the doctor looked around for them and daniel raised his hand.

"what's the news doc?" corbyn asked and he pulled daniel into a side hug.

the doctor smiled, he opened his clipboard and scanned over the writing. "he's gonna be fine but he has a slight concussion and a few broken bones." the boys sighed in relief.

"can we see him?" the doctor nodded and motioned for the boys to follow him to jonah's room.

daniel and corbyn were first and they both took a deep breath before walking in. when jonah saw them his eyes lit up and a wide smile spread across his face.

he winced due to the bruises and cuts all over his face. daniel ran over to him and hugged him tightly. "ow daniel too tight" he apologized and loosened his grip on jonah.

"i was so scared when i found you laying on the floor, jo...you weren't breathing i-i-" daniel choked on his words and tears streamed down his face.

"shhh it's okay baby i'm right here" jonah pulled daniel onto the bed and held him in his arms while he cried.

"jo im so sorry i shouldn't have said anything it wasn't the right time" daniel knew it wasn't a good idea and yet they still went with it, he wished they could take it all back.

"baby it's not your fault we both decided on it. if anything it's their fault, they chose what their reaction would be and it wasn't something we could control" jonah expressed and comforted the boy.

"i just wish that they let us explain." daniel sniffled and corbyn spoke up.

"some people just don't want to face the fact that love is love. they want to force their opinions onto others and make them feel like everyone else's is wrong. as long as you guys are happy that's all that matters"

daniel nodded and thanked corbyn. they stayed in the hospital for a few more hours until it was okay for jonah to leave.

"and that's why dinosaurs are extinct" corbyn ended his ted talk with a bow. zach and jack faked their cries and claps demanding for an encore.

"doesn't that mean people faked what dinosaurs actually sounded like for the whole jurassic world shit?" jack asked.

the boys were mind-blown as they realized that no one actually knew what sounds they made.

"woahhh," they all said at the same time.

===

today was the day of the wedding and jonah and daniel were getting ready. the blonde-haired boy smiled up at his boyfriend while fixing his tie.

"we're gonna be okay" jonah smiled down at him and nodded.

"of course we are"

they made the finishing touches and walked downstairs. they were met with timothy and he just rolled his eyes.

they sat on the couch and waited for the event to start. once they heard the music playing the sliding door opened, signaling for them to walk out.

timothy went out first followed by jonah who was accompanied by a close family friend along with daniel.

they made their way up to the arbor. they all had fake smiles plastered on their faces and waited for keri to walk out.