Ch.13 "New job"

(Chapter Thriteen)

The worst part about dreaming? You have to wake up.

Wakings are the worst times--almost before my eyes are open a great weight seems to roll on my heart.

The alarm clock rang and it woken me up surprisingly I jumped out of my bed and set it off, sometimes I wanna set my alarm on fire.

Then I looked at the clock it was 6 am sharp I sighed and got up I glanced that Travis is still heavenly in sleep. He actually looked cute, sweet and innocent.

His mouth was a little open and drool was down his lips it made giggle at him. I walked out from the room slowly trying to not wake him up.

My hair was a mess I tied it up in a high ponytail as I was walking down the stairs. They still didn't open the shop and it was almost a whole mess I shook my head and grabbed my broom and cleaned. 

I washed dishes and scrubbed and mopped and dusted and wiped and cleaned the place from crack to crevice back to crack.

I saw Elizabeth coming down the stairs rubbing her eyes, she looks like she just woke up then when she saw the place flawlessly clean her eyes gone wide observing  the place. She smiled and said "Beth did you do all this?"

I nodded my head smiling and she said "Oh sweetie you didn't hav-" 

I cutted her off and said "But I wanted to, after when you sweetly offered me  to stay the night" I came closer to her and gave her a small smile.

"Thank you a lot. We are gonna open up soon" She clapped her hands and went to put the open sign. I quickly asked "Oh can I help?" 

Elizabeth shook her head and giggled a bit and said "Oh dear you've already done enough" 

"But I wanna do more, I've got nothing else to do so why not" I said trying to convince her she looked at me for a moment then said "Alright you're hired. Im so greatful and I'm going to bring an apron and teach you all the stuff" Before she left I smiled and nodded and thanked her.

Now Travis came downstairs looking sleepy and adorable! "Hey Travis guess what?" I asked him sounding excited, He sighed and said out of boredom "What?" 

"I'll be working here at the coffe shop" My voice got suddenly high at the end of the sentence. I hate when that happens.

"Oh that's great. Can't wait until you mess everything up" He joked and raised his arms up mocking me I frowned at him but he left and mumbled something under his breath.  He's getting more rude everyday.

-

I sat down with Elizabeth and Travis and she was talking all about what to do and what not to do and Travis was just nodding along with me. We made ourselves some coffee and I was about to drink mine untill Travis nearly shouted. 

“Wait!"

"What?" I lowered my cup hastily, wondering if maybe there was a stray hair, or worse, a newly boiled bug inside my cup.

"You have to smell it first. It's the proper way to cup coffee."

"Cup coffee?"

"Just do it."

"What? Are you like the coffee police or something?” 

Travis lowered his head and laughed and I laughed back and I closed my eyes as I smelled my coffee like Travis asked me. And it smelled heavenly wonderful.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be?

"Okay kids work starts in a couple of minutes, Bethany you stand behind the table to take people's orders and Travis will make the coffee" Travis and I both nodded are head in understanding in the same time and went to get ready.