Chapter 10- Surprise

"Oh my- This is amazing!"

"See? I told you so!"

"I've never had better ramen than Ichiraku's"

(A/N Did I even spell that right?)

"I know right! I've wanted to show someone this for ages!"

Obito and Y/N were wolfing down numerous portions of Ichiraku's ramen. Somewhere inbetween their ravenous appetites they managed to include a casual conversation, mainly about the ramen they were eating.

After five portions each, the two teens were full. Both of them were smiling, the heavenly taste of ramen lingering in their mouths. However, Obito's mood darkened significantly. Y/N quickly noticed this.

"Hey, Obito, you okay? Are you not feeling well?"

"It's not that..."

"Then... what is it?"

"Look here"

He pointed to a slightly creased piece of paper plastered to the wooden surface. The girl's eye's widened in horror.

"Holy-"

"So um... I've only got-"

Obito reaches into his pockets to hopefully find at least half the amount of money owed to Ichiracku. The search started calmly but developed into a desperate hunt.

"Let me guess-" Began the more mature female.
"You haven't brought any money with you, right?"

"W-what? No! I'm not that forgetful!"

She gave him the sarcastic 'really?' look.

"Fine! Yeah, I forgot it..."

Y/N sighed, this was going to cost her nearly half of her weekly budget and it's only the beginning of the week!

"It's okay, I'll pay."

"Wait, really? You sure? Cause I could-"

"Yeah, I'm sure."

Just as Y/N was about to place the owed money onto the piece of paper with her eyes closed from reluctance (afraid she would back out if they were open), she heard a soft 'ka-ching'. Surprised, the soon-to-be teen opened her eyes to see money already there.

Quickly turning her head towards her right, she saw bright blond hair. Even though the hair stood out the most, the ocean blue eyes of the male before her were mesmerizing, just another stunning feature. Not to mention the heart-warming smile on the jonin's face, which caused a reflex of smiling back upon anyone whom saw it.

"That'll be okay, I'll pay"

Wow, he hasn't changed one bit. Still so kind...

"You're a life-saver Minato-Sensei!"

Oh yeah, that's right- Minato is Obito's sensei.

"Good morning to you too, Obito, Y/N"

E-eh?! He actually remembered my name!?

"Um, good morning Sir"

"Minato-Sensei?"

"Yes?"

"How come you're here anyway? Aren't you on some awesome mission out of the village?"

"Well, technically, yes. Although things went ... off track. I am to report to Lord Third as soon as he is done with the meeting"

"What do you mean 'went off track'?" Y/N questioned.