The Vampire's Blind Mate

"Ivy!" My mother shouted from halfway down the stairs. She had a habit of climbing halfway up the stairs before shouting you, going back down and cooking breakfast for us.

"Coming mother" I sighed as I finished getting dressed, my black skinny jeans hung low on my waist with my red knitted sweater covering my entire torso with enough spare to droop to my middle thigh. The only thing that was left for me to put on was my black leather combat boots. I pulled the boot up my leg as I opened my bedroom door and hopped through it, when my shoe was on I took the liberty of sliding down the stair banister to the kitchen where my older brother Diesel was sat with his headphones over his mop of ash blonde hair. Diesel and I shared many traits, our hair colour, skin tone and smile but the thing that was different was the eye colour... mine where a stormy ocean blue whereas his where the brightest shade of green. Completely different from our parents who both had dull brown eyes and brown hair that was now starting to grey.

"Morning sunshine" My mother said owning a small groan of annoyance from me. I hated being called 'sunshine' I hated the sun. Everything to do with light. I preferred the dark. Always have, always will.

"Morning mother" I said with a small bow, it was respectful for vampire children to respect their parents. Even though Diesel was a wolf (My mother was a wolf where as my father was a vampire. I took my father's side of the family and I actually don't get the whole split gene thing but apparently it's rare). Call them mother and father instead of mum and dad, bow when you say good morning and goodnight, never argue and always share your hunts with them. It sucked.

"Do you want breakfast?" My father asked as he looked over at Diesel who was eating his seventh round of toast since I had come down stairs five minutes before.

"No. Diesel has eaten for the both of us" I said as I grabbed Diesel's arm and pulled him out the mahogany dining room chair that he was sat in and dragged him outside.

"We have school" I sighed as he took off his headphones and looked at me.

"Yeah... So?" He asked as he stood himself up from the floor and fixed his own baggy jeans.

"Liam might be back!" I shouted to him and he sighed at me.

"Liam went last year to become Beta of his brothers pack. I highly doubt he will be back now Ivy. Wake up and smell the wet dog, he isn't coming back" He said earning a punch in the arm from yours truly.

"Well he might now" I said to him as I got into Diesel's car. "Just drive" I sighed as Diesel got into his side and started the ignition of his black Land Rover Defender.

We got to school early, as usual. What the humans didn't understand or know was why all supernatural beings present came in early for. Hunting. Well tequnically it was hunting lessons but we still got to kill stuff and drain it or eat it before school actually started so we could be around the humans without wanting to eat them.

"Just follow me as usual and you won't eat anything that moves" Diesel said as he pulled on my sleeve and dragged me to the hunting grounds...